Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey everyone,

I picked this game (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time) up today and I've been floored so far. The game took the best of Ring of Fates and improved on it. The graphics are astounding for the DS, the camera is a little more solid, there is more of a sense of actual travel through a large world thanks to the overworld map, there appears to be a solid multiplayer experience at its core, the story has already gotten me engaged, there are far more options than the original game and the whole experience feels very Mana.

I know we've had some discussion elsewhere about the similarities between Crystal Chronicles and Seiken Densetsu, so I won't belabor the issue, but I will say that this game made me feel like I was playing Secret of Mana. If Square-Enix was going to re-release Secret of Mana for the DS, I think this is what it would look like.

Anyway, if anyone has this game and wants to play some multiplayer, let me know. I'll try to put my friend code here at some point--once I figure out how that works.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, check this out: :hof: My Square-Enix Members Page. If you have a site, link up with me, okay?

Peace,

manaman
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

I picked up two copies of this a couple days ago (one for my friend, so we could play multiplayer) . . . but I was to excited and started playing it. I've been playing non-stop since. It is SO much better than Ring of Fates. But . . . I think I still prefer the GameCube original. The addition of jumping really ruins some of it for me when I spend fifteen minutes trying to figure out what the frack angle they want to me to jump at (fixed camera at that really strange angle is VERY annoying).

But, I like that they integrated the Story mode with the multiplayer mode this time around. Otherwise I wouldn't be playing it.

It's definitely not comparable to SoM, though. There would need to be more than just two towns, and there would need to be many different continents to explore and a much more complex story.

However, I'm still loving it.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

bastian wrote:It's definitely not comparable to SoM, though. There would need to be more than just two towns, and there would need to be many different continents to explore and a much more complex story.
Hi,

I guess I was thinking in terms of presentation. If instead of an overworld map, there was actual exploration of many different towns and continents as in SoM, I would think the two games were very close indeed. I do get more of a sense of a large world in this game than in Ring of Fates, however.

Peace,

manaman
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

i'm nearly done, and loving every minute.

still, it makes me sad that squenix is spending more time and attention on these games than their original FF arpg spinoff series. :(
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

bastian wrote:i'm nearly done, and loving every minute.

still, it makes me sad that squenix is spending more time and attention on these games than their original FF arpg spinoff series. :(
Ditto. Seriously. Every word: ditto.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

I've finished Normal and Hard modes so far. I've leveled up my four main characters to 99 and I'm trying to level up the ultimate weapons and equipment before heading into Very Hard mode.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Right on bastian,

I am a little embarrassed because I haven't even beaten the game yet. I've been playing some other games at the same time, though. Hey, do you want to try some Wi-Fi at some point?

Peace,

manaman
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Yes! Some wifi would rock!

But to be honest, I am a moron who still hasn't figured out how to get my DS to recognize that it is on wifi.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Ha ha!

No worries, bastian, I'm a Wi-Fi newbie myself. When are you available to play?

Peace,

manaman

PS: Does anyone else out there play this game and want to join?
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

I've ordered the game from Renchi, but it will take a while to get here.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

You're all going to convince me to take this game on too, aren't you!

Feedback on the game to follow... once all things that need to happen happen.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey,

Sweet you two! It's really a fun game and one of the best DS games I've played so far in my opinion.

Can't wait to hear both of your feedback and possibly play with you via WiFi!

Peace,

manaman
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

I just finally figured out how to get my friend code and get my DS connecting to wifi. Geeze. I felt dumb. Here it is: 5284 - 7980 - 7771

Let's play!