Final Journey

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

This was made by me Ailise during our time in university time. We intended to do something else, but all was scrapped after like 3 or 4 weeks. So we made this instead, in one day. We did this on saturday, or maybe it was sunday. The rendering process were on five computers, the computers the university had was kinda crappy and also our account quota were kinda small, so we had to render it on five different computers in order to get the best result.
We also had one shot, we didn't want to render the clip again, because it was like 12 hours.

Enough of the background story. Oh, this was made in 2004
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Actually it was on a Saturday, I worked my ass off on 3ds max from morning to late evening trying to make all in 1 take (no cuts) and matching the soundtrack (sort of).
We left it rendering over night at the university on 5 computers but all with different set-ups just to compare the day after and pick the best one.
The problem was that 4 computer crashed during the night and only one made it all the way. We didn't have time to render the animation again, so we took that one and Deques went to post-production, adding titles and sound effects and such... because we had to review our 1-2 month project on Monday! xD

Well... After we saw the others animation... ours turn out the best... and I was amazed that we actually manage to beat them all in 1 day xD

Epic Win!

edit: btw, the movie is full of errors/mistakes, but because we didn't have the time to render it again, we just had to accept it and move on with it. (it's not a bug, it's a feature)
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Ha ha!

I really like the joke. I'm really impressed with the animation and music, too. Where did you get the music?

Peace,

manaman
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Ailise wrote:edit: btw, the movie is full of errors/mistakes, but because we didn't have the time to render it again, we just had to accept it and move on with it. (it's not a bug, it's a feature)
So, the frame rate drop between 1:12 and 1:32 is a feature?

I loved it! I wish I knew how to do 3d rendering like that.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I've never been able to detect differences in frame rates. . . . I just felt that NEEDED to be said. :)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Ha XD
I've seen this before and I still wasn't expecting the ending XD

Y'all should have put a disclaimer: "FOUR COMPUTERS WERE KILLED DURING THE MAKING OF THIS FILM" :P

Great work with the music and scenes flowing together.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

4 is death.
ytwars
Chess Knight

Post by ytwars »

Did the computers have children?
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Some error are the angles, like when the blue blood cell enters the big place, it was suppose to move around all the other cells... but because the lack of computer power we had to remove lots of cells. And use good camera angles to make it look like it was a lot of cells. Once I saw the rendering, I notice how the angle was bad, and I couldn't redo it >.<

Second big error was the texture of the blue blood, it was fixed on the "world" and not on itself! Meaning that when blue moved the texture didn't, so in the film it looks like the texture on the blue is moving all the time. (damn I suck in explaining things). This of course you notice after rendering... (if we only had one more day >.<)

@manaman: the music is taken from lineage2

There is no frame rate change at all. I slowed things down manually to give that effect.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Cool! Very professional.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

manaman wrote:Cool! Very professional.
and badly done ^^
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »