Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey all,

So, I've been watching this for a little while now--I think I found out about it just about as early as information on it came out--but I just realized I haven't posted anything.

This game :hof: here (official English site) is the latest in the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series and is called The Crystal Bearers coming to the Wii.

So far it's been lauded for "unique gameplay." Actually, from what I see this is going to be very much the game Dawn of Mana should have been though set in a different world. Still, I feel there is a lot in common between this game and Secret of Mana in terms of the feel of the environments. And it appears you use the Wii Remote to flick baddies. YES! Dawn of Mana, anyone?

It also looks like it will be an engaging game with a large world (that's my hope anyway) and an epic storyline. I'm looking forward to this one. Especially after being so pleased with Echoes of Time. What do you guys think?

manaman

PS: Here's the Japanese site which has a bit more content :hof: here. And :hof: here's a Wikipedia article on the game (just to save you typing it in--I know you were going to!).
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

I haven't played Dawn, but this doesn't look much like a Mana game to me. Might still be a lot of fun though. I should get Echoes Of Time someday.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey,

I only meant that it seemed closer in style to Secret of Mana than even, say, Sword of Mana. That and you fling things like Keldy. . . .

But you should totally get Echoes of Time. It's a lot of fun!

Peace,

manaman
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

I've been glued to thecrystalbearers.com . . . I have their wallpaper on my laptop at the moment. :P

I'm excited . . . but . . . skeptical. From what I've read, it seems that there is no traditional combat. No swords, etc. Just some new weird "manipulation of gravity" thing. I'll hold off on my excitement until I see how this actually works.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey,

At the very least it should be a really interesting story. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Peace,

manaman
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey all,

Sorry to double post here, but I figure a bump is a good thing to show off THIS! with:

This is the apparently the opening cinema of the game with subtitles so that the story actually makes sense.

I'm so freaking excited about this game. It looks polished and epic which is precisely what the Wii deserves from Square-Enix.

What do you think? Is it just bastian and I excited about this game? Probably. . . .

Oh well,

manaman
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Okay,

Maybe this is a sign that I'm really the only one interested in this game, but I have to point out this link:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/11/inter ... sy-crysta/

The article answers some questions pertaining to the similarity between DoM and this game.

Peace,

manaman