Wii!!!!

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Tallon
Kimono Bird

Post by Tallon »

Ok, so who here owns a Wii????

I do!!!!!! My friends waited in line for twelve hours to get it for me for my birthday present the night it came out!!!!

I also have The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It is amazing game, and an amazing system. I highly recommend to anyone who does not own one yet.
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

I have one too! Whoo!!! I also bought The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. You have some awesome friends :) Me, I waited on a line myself although no where near as long. ;)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

A few friends and I (including Varius from here) waited in line to get one. Second in line, so awesome!

Then it turns out the store has one. Yeah. That's all they got in.
That was fun.
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

I have one, but it's not mine.
It's actually a Christmas gift for a pal of mine.
But I use it anyway.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Looks like I'm not getting a Wii until next year. But I WILL claim one as my own! Even if it means I have to sell my GameCube.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

I don't have one yet...Im waiting for the Onyx colored one...
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

One thing for sure, I am getting Zelda TP for the cube :P
Wii I am going buy later
Hero of Spirits
Ma Goblin

Post by Hero of Spirits »

Yea... I have LoZ TP, but no wii.... I hope to get one tomorrow... maybe
Tallon
Kimono Bird

Post by Tallon »

Woot Woot!!!! I'm so happy everyone wants one!!!!

Besides The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, what is the game you must have that is currently out and why?

Mine is Avatar: The Last Airbender. I am the biggest fan of that show!!!! I love it!!!! It's awesome!!!! and the game has been getting really good reviews!!!
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

I can't think of any. But when it gets released, I'm all over Smash Bros Brawl. Here's hopin' it has netplay.
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

I look forward to purchasing a Wii console system early next year. However, I have a contention on the pronunciation of "Wii." Understanding that it is pronounced as "We" no matter what I say here, but shouldn't the double "i" make the long "I" sound, thus making it the "why" system vice the "we" system? I mean I am completely excluding the Pacific Islander pronunciation of the double "i" such as "Hawaii," but that is simply because the game stems from a Japanese source...in which case, how would the double "i" be pronounced according to the Japanese dialect? Isn't a single "i" at the ending of a word pronounced with a long "E" sound?

Just a question of vocabulary I suppose...
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

The spelling is right in Japanese, and fits the pronunciation of "whee" pretty well, if you say it like you mean it. If you're just being lame, then it sounds like "whee! Eeeee!" As for other languages, in French, it'd have to be the same pronuciation as "Oui". So I guess to them, the Wii sounds more like "yes". Haha.

EDIT: And, so no one here makes the same mistake I did a few months ago, there's no "Japanese dialect". There are variations on the Japanese language which are considered dialects, but you'd have to be more specific, by saying "standard dialect" or something. Generally they attribute dialects of Japanese to the regions where they are prominently spoken. I don't know of a great many, but if I'm not just remembering a fictional region from an anime, Kansai dialect is a location-based one.
EDIT-EDIT: Yeah, Osaka's a big one. I seem to recall Kansai being mentioned as a province, in a little-known parody doujinshi of Comic Party, but I think it's a real place. Anyhow, that fits with what I was saying, so yeah.
EDIT-EDIT-EDIT: And it's not just accents, it's the way you talk. So like the difference between "good day to you, sir" and "yo! what up?!"
Last edited by The J Person on Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tallon
Kimono Bird

Post by Tallon »

the dialects are more based on big city regions. I read "Memoirs of a Ghesha" and the woman talked about people having an Osaka dialect, or a dialect from another big city. It is like in the U.S. People have New York accents, Boston accents, Texas accents (yes i said texas, because there are several accents in texas, and it would be stupid to say each one).

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is on my top five deffinately, as well as the Mario Worlds, and Metroid.
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

I was hoping that it would be pronounced as "Why" vice "we" when I first read about the console some time ago. There is just something not happy about a system named after a bodily function. However, I admit that this won't stop me from owning one.

Moving on to a matter a little off topic....

My brother and I were talking about Nintendo's Wii console system. We were talking about its unique controls which will have people off the couch, swinging their motion sensored controllers, and really getting involved in the games they're playing. I was sharing with my brother about a collegue of mine who owns a Wii system, and how he was telling me how he enjoyed the sports game he has because he gets to move around and swing the bat, tennis racket, golf club, etc. as if he were playing the actual sport. (At this point why not just go outside and play...?)

Now I said to my brother, "perhaps Nintendo is going to be the cause of console gamers dropping weight." He said that he agreed, but then gave me this account; "So I was in Game Stop the other day and I watched this chubby kid playing the demo Wii sytem. Yeah...he had a controller in one hand and a box of M&M's (like the ones you get at the movies) in the other. And I thought...you little fudger."

Hmmm...just something to chew on.

EDIT- Hey I just noticed. I'm RRFish the Iffish...nice. (Sorry did I forget to mention I am on some interesting medication?)
Last edited by rrfish on Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.