I lost $95

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I bought a $95 money order to pay for my state taxes. It came back to me because apparently I made a mistake and I don't owe them anything instead I actually get a refund. So, instead of cashing the money order and adding the $95 to my refund they just send the money order back to me.

:) "Wow I get my money back!", I thought.

=( "How am I going to get my money out of it? It's written to the Commissioner of Revenue.", I kept thinking.

I drove down to where I work because that's where I had purchased the money order from. I still have my receipt for it so should get a refund right?

:) "Hi guys! I got my money order back from my taxes because it turns out that I don't have to pay after all. Here is the receipt.", I said to Wendell (He's high up on the food chain and he sold it to me).

8) "Sorry I can't take this", Wendell said after examining the money order.

-.- "What!?", I shouted.

8) "Taking this would be like use taking a check written to Food Lion.", Explained Wendell.

That Metaphor doesn't apply to this situation because that implies that I'm giving him a money order that was purchased elsewhere. In this case Vista would be my bank and Food Lion would be the Commissioner of Revenue. Wendell saw Vista as a third party which is wrong.

8) "Let me ask Holly about this.", Said Wendell.

Holly is the owner of the store what she says goes *period*.

:hof: "Sorry can't take it.", Holly says rushing to get things done.

x( "What am I 'pose to do?"

:hof: "Go to the Commissioner's office and see if they will cash it."

x( "Ah ****!", I said as I stormed out.

There was a note inside the return that said the Post office will return. To the Post Office I head!

-_-; "Because you didn't purchase it from us we can't refund it. We can give you $95 in stamps.", said the Post Lady.

:P "I don't think I'll need 215 stamps. Thanks for your time.", Said I that still holding the false hope.

Hell, maybe my bank will take it. Maybe I can deposit it into my account. So I started out to SetllarOne.

:D "Hi!", Said the Teller.

:| "I was wonder if you would be able to deposit this into my account. Here are the papers and what not for proof."

The Teller walked off to ask a high authority about it.

:[ "I'm so sorry but we can't take it."

There is still hope. The Commissioner's office should take it. It's made out to them so they should be able to cash with out any problems. I go there and explain my story but the Commissioner of Revenue lady was out on lunch. So, I had to wait for a phone call. About an hour later I get a call.

*huh "Hello?"

:heart: "This is the Commissioner of Revenue calling in regards of your money order. We can't just cash it and give you the money but if you have any other bills to pay through us we can add it to it. So you have any other takes to pay?"

-__ "No maim."

:heart: "Well I suggest taking it back to where you purchased the money order from and they should give you a refund"

x( =( =( T_T T_T T_T T_T

So what should I do? Get 215 stamps or go back to Vista and demand my money? The way I look at it I just lost $95. Regardless of the outcome I'll never buy a money order from Vista ever again
Last edited by DeadWolf on Thu May 07, 2009 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Eww, that does suck. I haven't the slightest clue what you should do
ytwars
Chess Knight

Post by ytwars »

That really sucks... you could start a stamp collection...
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

ytwars wrote:That really sucks... you could start a stamp collection...
Ouch. DX

That's really weird, you should be able to cancel it as long as you've still got the stub that comes with it.

If all else fails google search it a bit and you'll find people who say you can get your money back if it's altered or stolen... though I dunno how you're supposed to prove the stolen part.

I wonder what would happen if you sent it to the Commissioner of Revenue anyway, maybe they'd receive it and be all "oh he didn't have to do this" and cancel it or something.
Or if they cash it you can claim it's stolen cause you didn't have to pay anything? XD

I dunno, tricky situation.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Sheexy wrote:
ytwars wrote:That really sucks... you could start a stamp collection...
Ouch. DX

That's really weird, you should be able to cancel it as long as you've still got the stub that comes with it.

If all else fails google search it a bit and you'll find people who say you can get your money back if it's altered or stolen... though I dunno how you're supposed to prove the stolen part.

I wonder what would happen if you sent it to the Commissioner of Revenue anyway, maybe they'd receive it and be all "oh he didn't have to do this" and cancel it or something.
Or if they cash it you can claim it's stolen cause you didn't have to pay anything? XD

I dunno, tricky situation.
Well Western union will cancel it and refund my money but it's way too much trouble and it cost $15. I talked to the Commissioner of Revenue today and she said that I can use it to pay my electric bill. Paying the electric bill seems to be the best solution... Unless I want to start stamp collection.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

Oh dear.... I agree with Ytwarts.
Its always the best time to start a stamp collection....