Septerra Core (OST???)

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Leme Inthrigil
Blat

Post by Leme Inthrigil »

First things first: If you do not own a copy of this vastly underappreciated game, go get one. This is a huge RPG with an great, but small, musical score, and absolutely stunning 2.5D graphics and FMV's for its time. This is the first game that Martin O'Donnell (the composer for the Halo games) and Master Chief's voice actor worked together on. Their sort-of friendship got the other guy a job with Bungie. The game has a great story and a fun twisted FFIV style battle system, but the lack of music (although what's there is great) and a general sense of direction at some times can make this slightly bland. Every single line in the game has voice acting, and it is mostly of a good quality.

Now I come to the main point of this topic: I just found out that Audacity can open the main sound database for the game, and I'm currently importing it (hopefully it will work good). I'm wondering if you guys would kill me for posting links to where I upload the tracks that I get, or if you would listen to them and like them. I usually do something nice for the forum that I'm most active in at the time, so you guys are lucky, assuming I won't get banned. If I don't receive a response telling me not to, I will upload the tracks and post links.

EDIT: Holy crap, there is almost 5 hours of voice acting in the file...O_O
Last edited by Leme Inthrigil on Sat May 09, 2009 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Oh wow. That brings back memories. I loved that game. I wish I still had my CD, although who knows whether it would still run or not. It was actually one of my first big RPGs I ever played. Looking back the game was anything but great in terms of technical or on a presentation standpoint, but I just found it to be really charming.

Now I want to play it. ;_;
Leme Inthrigil
Blat

Post by Leme Inthrigil »

So, do you want the soundtrack (assuming I have the patience to look through 5 hours of audio for the music)? By the way, the game runs perfectly on XP, but I haven't tried it on Vista. I thought the game was fun, although it could have been a lot better. I found some of the puzzles annoying (back and forth 3 or 4 different times in the graveyard), there could have been a lot more music, and some parts (towns) became monotonous after a while. The game was still good, though.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Sure, I would love it, but don't feel the necessity in digging through all that stuff. I'm sure I could easily find it myself if I lurked around enough. XD
Leme Inthrigil
Blat

Post by Leme Inthrigil »

I already tried. No OST's, no torrents, no one else doing what I am, etc.