Project Natal - What is?

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Microsoft announced their own motion sensing machine thing. It doesnt need any external control, you use your own body to control the games

Personally I find this kinda stupid. Who wants to skate without a skateboard in front of a tv, rather than doing it in real life? Let's see whether Microsoft can keep up the competition with Nintendo's Wii
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

It feel like the next gen Eye Toy only.
I don't think it's as great as the video show, the part of scanning the skateboard is funny.
and the "dad" changing tires just looks... haha
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

I thought it had something to do with pregnancy at first...

I can't really see it being successful... But I might be eating my words when it's released. Hard to tell. People who wanted this sort of thing have probably already invested in a Wii, anyway.
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Found 2 videos from the actual release conference.

indoor with glasses? why? >.<

I don't know... I have hard time to see this lasting more then 1 day of testing >.<
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I think it looks pretty interesting. A hell of a lot better than the Wii. XD
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

I mean... I still think the controller has some ++ to this.
1. You will be dead bored/tired after like 20min of jumping up and down.
2. The games are pretty limited. Good games like Mario, Zelda, FF and many others will still require a controller. I can't imagen myself playing a game similar to Zelda in a this kind of device.

I see it more as a deluxe version of Eye Toy :P
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

A lot of games on the Wii suffer from poor controls because of motion. Some games have fluent controls because of the motion.

Depends on the developers really
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

I've read about it.
sounds like fun.
another step to complete virtual reality gaming.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Meeh... Give me a call back when they bring out a holodeck.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

It doesn't QUITE do it for me, but I do think Sony is going to need to catch up. This generation tells us that people aren't as impressed with power--they want innovation and affordability.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

manaman wrote:It doesn't QUITE do it for me, but I do think Sony is going to need to catch up. This generation tells us that people aren't as impressed with power--they want innovation and affordability.
I don't. <.<
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Fair enough, Tsurayu,

I think that, as in every generation of games, there are people looking for something particular. This is the case with all art forms. When paintings were the thing, Sargent used to hate all the portraits he had to do because it wasn't what he wanted to do but what was popular. There are always exceptions and I suppose developers know that. If truth be told, Nintendo is giving me what I want right now. It's what I missed in the GameCube generation when people wanted expansive games and more of the same 3D trends. As I've said elsewhere, I'm biased against Sony and to some extent Microsoft. I just think that Nintendo is going in a good direction now and, as with most things, after a little bit of time, you'll see the games that you want on their platforms. Nintendo just needed some time to regain their players.

Peace,

manaman