E3 Discussion

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hi all,

So, unfortunately I've been kind of sporadically posting recently because Mrs manaman and I just moved and we still don't have internet up so it's cafe internet for us. That being said, here at work I've been following E3.

Here are the exciting things from my perspective: New Super Mario Bros. Wii! I love that Nintendo finally gave us what we've been asking for (me, anyway). I love seeing that there will be a console 2D Mario game after all this time. Thank you, Nintendo.

I'm also excited about Wii Fit Plus, a new Metroid game (that might be mostly side scrolling?!) made by Team Ninja and, of course, the announcement that archery, basketball and skydiving will be a part of Wii Sports Resort.

Also, DSi will now be able to instantly take and send pictures to Facebook which I think is pretty cool even though I don't own a DSi.

Peace,

manaman
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

I think the Nintendo presentation sucked, ok, this was not as bad as last year... Metroid and the Galaxy was the only nice thing.
Wii vitality thingy... wtf!?

I think microsoft was so far better, just because they are atleast trying... with the natal thing.

Now only Sony left, lost almost all exclusive titles, if they don't really have something now, the great playstation era might be over =/
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Yeah, once again Microsoft stole E3, but by a longshot this year. XD

Left 4 Dead 2 is just freaking fantastic. XD

Although I must admit Golden Sun DS has me giddy with anticipation.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

manaman wrote:Also, DSi will now be able to instantly take and send pictures to Facebook which I think is pretty cool even though I don't own a DSi.

Peace,

manaman
I have a DSi but no facebook.

I hope the new Metroid is side scrolling.
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

Nintendo just disappoint me more and more! Come on!!!!

Their big release??? Mario Galaxy 2 ????? 1 was annoying enough!! I don´t care about metroid, and neither to their childish releases (95% of everything nintendo releases).

Ps3 to me is an expensive crap, i couldn´t care less for their motion control or their online FF 14, i´m just MAAAAD that they will relase ICO 2 (or Project Trico) to ps3, because it´s the only game i´m dieing to play.

Xbox... well looked interesting, but i seriously doubt that Project Natal is goona work just like they showed in the video. I dont have an Xbox, so i don´t min either.

sumarizing: CRAP E3
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

MASS EFFECT 2 !
L4D2 !
SW: TOR!
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I'm looking forward to Metroid, New Super Mario Bros., S&P2, and Cave Story if the ever decide to release it.
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

at least Sonys keynote was better than Nintendos.
Sonys keynote was so damn long! It kinda never ended.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

/me throws in The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition and then dives back for the shade.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hmmm,

Is no one else unbelievable stoked about New Super Mario Bros. Wii? I mean, that's been a dream of mine since the Super Nintendo days! And the Metroid game looks phenomenal. I hope it's side-scrolling, as well. It looks to be, though.

And Ailise, I guess it all depends. I thought that Nintendo's presentation was wonderful. There is even talk of a new Zelda title in 2010 (though that wasn't part of the presentation). I wasn't excited by any of the announcements that Microsoft or Sony have come up with so far. That, of course, is my personal response, and I'm just not sure that you can qualify why Sony's keynote was better than Nintendo's, why Microsoft's was so far better or why Nintendo's, as you say, "sucked" without admitting that it was your response based on the games you were looking forward to.

Meh,

manaman

EDIT: Try checking out this link:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/1161/

It seems to me that multi-player side scrolling Mario is my destiny. :)
Last edited by manaman on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

I agree that NSMBWii is definitely my favorite game announced. I'm a huge fan of side scrolling games, and it looks pretty damn fun to be honest. I might actually buy this game. Other than that, my Super Nintendo will still be getting the most attention.

Square Enix Conference today.... there's still hope. It's in an hour I believe.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

I will definitely pick up Mario Bros Wii. If it supports online play we could do something like the Skype cafe, maybe a "Seikens Wii Channel". :P And all play mario... Maybe even some Mario Kart, it's always more fun racing against people I know.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

manaman wrote:Hmmm,

Is no one else unbelievable stoked about New Super Mario Bros. Wii? I mean, that's been a dream of mine since the Super Nintendo days! And the Metroid game looks phenomenal. I hope it's side-scrolling, as well. It looks to be, though.

And Ailise, I guess it all depends. I thought that Nintendo's presentation was wonderful. There is even talk of a new Zelda title in 2010 (though that wasn't part of the presentation). I wasn't excited by any of the announcements that Microsoft or Sony have come up with so far. That, of course, is my personal response, and I'm just not sure that you can qualify why Sony's keynote was better than Nintendo's, why Microsoft's was so far better or why Nintendo's, as you say, "sucked" without admitting that it was your response based on the games you were looking forward to.

Meh,

manaman

EDIT: Try checking out this link:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/1161/

It seems to me that multi-player side scrolling Mario is my destiny. :)
Yeah, depends on what you enjoy. I thought Nintendo was horrible again this year. All they seem to want to do is spew out numbers and charts as if that justifies that they are the best or something (although to corps I guess it does.) Only thing I was pleased out of them was Golden Sun.

Come to think of it, game wise it was pretty disappointing all around. Halo 3: ODST, L4D2 and Bioshock 2 are the only things I'm looking forward to this year.
Pein
Rabite

Post by Pein »

looking forward to:

GOLDEN SUN DS
KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS

:'D yay
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Pein,

I agree with you on those two. I didn't really know much about Golden Sun but now I'm interested.

Everyone take a look at this:

http://e3.nintendo.com/index.html

I think I'm also beyond excited about Metroid: Other M. The video looks incredible. It's like nothing I've ever seen Metroid do before. I just hope that there are far more side-scrolling-ish levels than this video would indicate.

Peace,

manaman