New Metroid!

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Wiiman
BuzzBee

Post by Wiiman »

Do know if you guys heard about it already, but there's a new metroid coming out! I thought it was going to fall a fate similair to the mana series, but it looks like it could be going somewhere good! I used to be a HUGE Metroid fan. But the Metroid Primes really let me down a lot. I missed the glory days of Super Metroid =(
But it looks like, it's all coming back. I don't beleive this new one will have near as much to do with exploration as the old ones, but it still looks great! It will purtane to Metroid Fusion more. It should explain the story of Samus and Adam. When I first though of 3d Metroid, I imagined something closer to this, not Metroid Prime...

Trailer= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2fBeyX1aZM
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

I sold my Wii ages ago due to lack of games, but if I ever a buy one again I think I'll give this one a go. It looks promising, but I've been disappointed by promising looking games often :p
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

It's not a good Metroid game unless you can sequence break the hell out of it.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Wait!

There are SO many Wii games coming out right now! And this is one of my favorites. It looks really promising. I agree with DeadWolf, though--this better not be linear. That would make me sad.

Peace,

manaman
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

Apparently I'm going against the grain in saying that I loved all 3 Prime games. In fact, I don't think there's a Metroid game I haven't liked. I even managed to get through a fair chunk of Hunters without wanting to end my own life.

Actually, this new one I'm pretty skeptical about. It looks like it's going to be fairly story driven, and the fact that they may put a real voice and personality on Samus scares the hell out of me. Plus I'm worried about the graphics. Team Ninja is working on it, so of course everything has to look like it's made out of plastic, including the people. Don't get me wrong, I've had as much fun with Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden as anybody, but... I can't help but be a little frightened.

Still, I had this discussion with some people on my home boards, and even after expressing my few doubts, the next day I was fantasizing about it at work, and I started to get excited despite myself. I have a feeling it'll turn out, like Prime, to be a big surprise that works better than anyone initially thought it would. At least, I hope so.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

The Primes aren't bad on their own. They are really good games... On their own.