Sprite Collection

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Does anyone have a complete or close to complete collection of sprites from the games?

I am looking for enemy tiles for pretty much everything, especially the movement tiles, all the tiles for the landscapes and such. Well I am looking for everything in the games, so SoM, SD3, SwoM, etc.

I am going to try and compile as much of it as I can into a tileset for the program Zelda Classic (Which is designed for making Zelda games obviously, but with many of the new functions I think it'll be capable of a really good Seiken game.

Thanks,
Lotus
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

You might want to check www.rpg-icons.com and its affiliates.
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Thanks for the link, but they didn't have anything that I already have :( I am having a really hard time finding upper level monster sprites, which kinda sucks.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

For some reason, nobody ever bothers to get sprites of the recolors from any old game (though I note the official game guide for SoM had at least one image from each boss, in color, and the rest of the enemies were in B&W). I'll check my resources and see what I can find, but I've never been particularly lucky in finding decent SoM sprites that don't already exist.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

When it comes to higher level enemies you are probably going to have to rip the sprites yourself. I used to make little games with enemy sprites and such, but I never found much more than the beginning lot of baddies.

Here are a few good ones, but note they're of pretty low level stuff:
http://tsgk.captainn.net/?p=showgame&t=sy&sy=8&ga=327

They're probably the same as RPG icons actually... darn.

Yeah, as far as sprites are gonna go it is mainly gonna be ripping them yourself or something.
I might be able to find some of the ones I was using back in the day, and it had some higher level enemies, but that is a huge might because the computers I was using back then have kinda killed themselves over a few times, so I dunno if I'll find anything.

But I'll be sure to check and let you know!
Good luck!
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

I already got all the stuff from those sites. Anyways, if any of you have anything it would be helpful. I have yet to find an easy way to get the rips I need, but I plan on playing around with some programs and seeing if I can expediate the process. If you are curious as to the project itself you can follow it here:
http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24647
As you can see the mountains are different and the trees are smaller, also the palettes are being modified a bit to deal with color restrictions. But overall it is looking promising, you won't be able to recreate anything, but making some simple versions of the games should be possible and hopefully will go well. Actually a lot of the tiles are different, but hopefully they'l be able to capture the original "feel" of the series rather than the perfect details of stuff.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

viewtopic.php?id=52

Here are the SoM sprites I made a while ago.
I also made SD3 character sprites a long time ago. Do you want them?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey Lotus, check check it see?

http://www.spriters-resource.com/squenix/other/sd3/

They've also got a few SoM and Sword of Mana things. SWEET!
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!

That is absolutely amazing!!