The Dark Cloud series by Level-5

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Aurora_Borealis
BuzzBee

Post by Aurora_Borealis »

First, I want to make a note. If there is another post about the Dark Cloud (A.K.A. Dark Chronicle) series, feel free to delete this thread. Anyway...
Has anybody played Dark Cloud/Dark Cloud 2? They're both for the PlayStation 2 console. I'm listening to the entire OST of it right now, since it has one of the best music a video game could ask for, and so the thought just came to mind of making this thread. It has been one of my favorite games so far, It's a classic that I will most likely beat more than any other game. It's always fun -- no matter how many times you play it. I've already beaten it 6 times, and I beat the optional final dungeon once, It's massive! It's as big as two-three dungeons from the main story put together! Not to mention the mobs are much tougher and last longer. I have the final weapons (Hammer and Gun) for Max (the main character male) and do well over 1,000 damage per hit on each, and yet the mobs still survive a good combo or two. I didn't focus much on Monica (the main character female) because when I beat the game the first two times, I made her all-powerful with the HP up/DEF up items and never gave any to max. BIG mistake. Especially when I fought the last boss, he switches colors and you have to switch characters to deal damage to him, and so Max was a weakling and he ended up hogging up all the healing items, waiting for the damn boss to switch back so I can pound him with Monica. Then another huge mistake, you do the final dungeon with Max only, Monica goes back to her own time (100 years in the future) and so you end up doing the tough final dungeon with Max alone, or at least 1/3 of it since Monica phases back into the present, but it's still a-ways off. Look at me rant like a child... Anyway, here are some photos/clips.
-> I only played Dark Cloud 2, unfortunately. I really DO want to play Dark Cloud 1 but I never seem to have the time to buy it and stop playing my Xbox360 games to go back to my PS2 and play it...
This is the boxart
http://www.gamemag.ru/media/covers/Dark%20Cloud%202.jpg
Last edited by Aurora_Borealis on Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.