BlazBlue: The Calamity Trigger

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

It's utterly amazing. I was pretty excited to try it, but wasn't really sure exactly how much I'd end up liking it. I was trying to be optimistic, but in the end I like it way, way more than I expected to. It's really, really good, and more than likely the best 2D fighter I've ever played.
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

So what console is this on? It looks and sounds awesome and I think I'll start looking it up. I can't right now though becasue I'm on rejected dial-up.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

360 and PS3, from the looks of it. I know one of my group members bought it on the 360.
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

Yeah, PS3 and 360. I've got both systems but picked up the PS3 version since there are generally less douchebags on PSN than XBL, and speeds for the online game have been really good. Have had 4 friends in a room playing from across the country with voice chat going, no lag at all for us yet. Have heard good reports for 360 too.
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

I would actually really like to get a PS3........sucks to be me. But being that my brother has a 360 I'm going to tell him about this so he can get it.

Thank you, by the way, for bringing this up here. I don't think I ever would've heard of it. I don't do much websurfing and I don't read any gaming magazines and I don't step foot in GameStop but for like twice a year.
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

It seemed like the kind of thing at least a few folks here would enjoy. Even if people aren't hardcore into fighting games, the beautiful 2D anime style of the thing seemed like it would garner some interest.

Actually, there's a fairly decent story in the game (unlike 90% of your average fighters), which plays basically like a visual novel with fighting scenes. Different story with several paths for each of the 12 characters. You get to unlock some utterly gorgeous art going through everything, too.
Shuu
Green Drop

Post by Shuu »

Sorry for reviving a dead dead topic (hai I revive too, I haven't been here for a while!) but LOOK MY WISH CAME TRUE

http://kotaku.com/5396924/blazblue-gett ... -treatment

YESSSSSSS
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Awesomeness. I will make a point of getting this when I'm done with Tatsunoko vs Capcom!