My upcoming web show! The Lucas Show

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Count Lee
Mushboom

Post by Count Lee »

I'm making a web show like icarly ( http://icarly.com/ ) Exept its nothing like it. it's gonna be like The Amanda Show ( http://amandaplease.com/ note that if you havn't seen it, look it up on youtube, its FUNNY!!! ) It's like a show with a bunch of funny skits and stuff. here's the link to my website http://TheLucasShow.webs.com/ :love:
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

Well, I hope that goes well for you. Any progress on the first episode so far there, CountLee?
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I cant believe that you are still doing this. Before you go and advertise something, make sure that you actually have some content you are advertising about.

And also I have to check again the rules about advertising I thought it was not allowed to advertise, but the rules doesnt state that.

and also, i believe you are here just to advertise empty stuff. the seikens board is not for advertising stuff only, its for discussing about anything.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

I agree with Deques...

But wouldn't it be better to put this show on a site such as youtube? You're more likely to have more people see your show that way. And, just a warning- you'll probably get a lot of criticism. Even the people who are really good at what they do cop a lot of crap from internet users.

So be prepared and all if you do manage to get a few episodes.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

It wants me to install Java.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

It is good that you are working to expand your interests in several different fields of creativity, but if you want to go about it the right way, I'd suggest you start a project up, get some content together, enough to put together a "sales pitch", as it were, and then ask for feedback on it.

Rather than several "I'm going to be doing this".

IYSWIM

And BTW, I'm tempted to remove and ban that link to Amanda Please as being the singly most annoying website I've clicked on in months. No, seriously.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

Kassidy wrote:And BTW, I'm tempted to remove and ban that link to Amanda Please as being the singly most annoying website I've clicked on in months. No, seriously.
I was gonna suggest that, but I didn't want to come across as a Grinch or anything. I can't stand that stuff, ugh. Hopefully Lucas's isn't as annoying.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I didn't know that the Amanda show site was still alive. They aired that show back when I was little, figured it would have disappeared by now.

I think everyone else is right when they say you need to have stuff to show before you start hyping things.

But good luck on your project.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Delvar wrote:I was gonna suggest that, but I didn't want to come across as a Grinch or anything. I can't stand that stuff, ugh.
In my case on the other hand, people KNOW I'm a miserable barstool, so I have no qualms with dropping lines like that round here (or anywhere, for that matter). ;)
Count Lee
Mushboom

Post by Count Lee »

Sorry! :) About that, i MENT to ask if i could use the seikens site on there for a skit. Could i? It's gonna be on the first episode, i dont mean to advertise alot, Sorry!
-Count Lee

EDIT: I just got sword of mana and i cant even BEAT Count Lee! i used to be able to! :D
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

PM to Deques, Sheexy or myself with the details of how you plan to reference the site pending approval.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Moving this into creativity, I think it belongs there better.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

Kassidy wrote:
Delvar wrote:I was gonna suggest that, but I didn't want to come across as a Grinch or anything. I can't stand that stuff, ugh.
In my case on the other hand, people KNOW I'm a miserable barstool, so I have no qualms with dropping lines like that round here (or anywhere, for that matter). ;)
But a miserable barstool is a pretty quirky thing to be, even if you say things that are blunt, people are still hypnotized by your barstoolish charm.

Seikens in the first skit? This has got me interested. It's like watching an amateur performing tricks in a plane. You're interested, but curious as to when they're going to come back down to earth, if you know what I mean.

And by down to earth, I mean with a loud BANG, CRASH and firey inferno.
Last edited by Delvar on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.