The Wizard - DVD

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I just had to post this.

From imdb
Corey and Jimmy Woods are two brothers who are being separated due to their parents divorcing. Jimmy is a mentally unstable kid that has had problems ever since his sister died at a young age. One day, Corey discovers that Jimmy has a natural talent for playing video games. He is one of the best around, and the two journey to the West Coast to compete in a video game championship, but along the way, they must avoid the adults, who are trying to take Jimmy away.
this cult movie is going to be released in DVD format

This movie was really one of my favorites 10 years ago :D Now its just hilarous

Here is a trailer (not!!!, its the Power Glove scene)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66AXAA4ccJ8
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hahahahaha. I've always heard of this movie, but I'm too afraid of it's sheer awesomeness to really watch it.

Hahaha XD The power glove is so bad, I'm gonna have to get one or twenty or so off of eBay now.
Man, you gotta love how corny 80's movies are.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Dude, that movie was the shizzle back in the day...

And to top things off, I bought the Legend of Zelda 80's TV show recently...
DanFitzGer
Rabite

Post by DanFitzGer »

Wow, I remember seeing that movie because it had a sneak preview of Super Mario Bros. 3 in it.. such a long time ago.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Seems there are a few that know of this movie. Did anyone watch the video yet? Isnt it great? And funny?
the Power Glove kiddo thought he was so cool with that glove which did.. what? and whats with the case for glove? looked so stupid and the kids two followers who brought the power glove to him :D
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Not to mention the terrible inconsistency with the actual control. He turns the glove left, and the car goes right, turns it left again and this time it DOES go left. Not to mention the fact that he was doing well by smacking straight into the back of the other car, slowing to half his speed, and unable to overtake him.

I do remember the film though. Back in the day 'twas the nuts, same as Wargames and Short Circuit (which I just got on DVD for nostalgia value).