I'm Back

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

Well I'm back but I won't be on much. Very busy anymore. And I'm missing playing games very much.

Yeah, I know. I talk WAY too much.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

Welcome back! Good to see you again Lucemia :D
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey Lucemia, hope to see you posting more when you're not busy. Always awesome to see members pop back in after they've been gone.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Who are you again? <.<
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Welcome back Lucemia! :D
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Hello newbie!
welcome to the board!
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

Well I'll be a little less busy now that I don't think I'll go back to my job. It wasn't doing anything for me and I have other priorities right now: Studying for GED so I can further go to college, and helping my step great grandmother out who has just became a widow almost two months ago.

If I was making halfway decent money I might have stayed.
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

God, what I wouldn't give to be able to quit my job. If you have that option, feel like the luckiest man in the world. Because you actually might be.

I hate my job so much. So, so, so much...

EDIT - Urm... welcome back, by the way! ^-^;
Last edited by Quemaqua on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Lucemia wrote:Well I'll be a little less busy now that I don't think I'll go back to my job. It wasn't doing anything for me and I have other priorities right now: Studying for GED so I can further go to college...
Yes, come to the shelter of the academia, where economic problems almost cease to exist until you graduate and are forced out into the world.
I love this place, I'm considering staying for around 4 more years. :heart:
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

O__________O

I don't know what you guys are doing to make not working while being in school an option, but I envy you.

(And of course, welcome back, Lucemia.)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

NightshadeTea wrote:I don't know what you guys are doing to make not working while being in school an option, but I envy you.
For me it's because my parents said they'd cover my food and shelter until I'm out of college, the school tuition comes from grants and some student loans the state of Texas gave me that it'll forgive as long as I graduate on time with good grades. Free school for me. :D

Definitely look into as many scholarships and stuff as you can when you apply for a college in the future Lucemia, I actually didn't and I still came off with a pretty good haul that the state gave me for free.

FAFSA.gov is amazing.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

.. So as long as you get in school, your life needs will be easy to fulfill?

Hmm, the opposite happened to many of Indonesians -including me- nowadays. They can't guarantee a job after graduated. So it's wise to sharpen your skills that needed by people here. Fortunately there are schools that support it but unfortunately I am not schooled there.

The schools in Indonesia are being enslaved by 'National Exam', which is an Apocalypse for the students.
Sigh.x(

Edit: I don't exaggerate my words above, in other words it's a fact.
Last edited by Abdul_Moti on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

I think I already put in an application on that FAFSA a while ago but I don't think I'll be making it to college this year. And my parents would help me out with food and shelter as well, but I'm still gonna try to get into the zoo or a state park or something for a part time job and get to know the people who work there so they can help me too, being that something in that area is what I'm going for. Words that interest me are: Geology, Evolution, Ecology, Taxonomy, Paleontology, Biology(Zoology[Invertebrate & Vertebrate], Botany, Marine Biology, and Wildlife Biology), Meteorology, and Climatology.

Now I know some of these are probably too big for me but you don't really have to be Jesus to get into a scientific career. I'd be happy getting a career in a zoo, aquarium, state park, or nature reserve.
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

God. I'm almost 30 and I still think about school wistfully, and this is coming from a guy who loathes and abhors school in every capacity. The real world sucks.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

School is pretty much the coolest thing ever. Oh, and have fun playing games, L!