Seiken Densetsu 3 Illustration Book by Nobuteru Yuki

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

You can read the news post about it here: http://www.seikens.com/?p=477

It's mostly got the same ol' Seiken Densetsu 3 images you're used to seeing (minus the monster illustrations, those were done by someone else) but it's got them huge and shiny, the book is really amazing to look at.

The most interesting part of the book though is the fact it includes sketches that were never completed, or that were rethought in the end:

I've never seen the Riesz on the right, and the image of Duran and Koren below him is pretty different from the way it ended up being (on the left).

It's also got a few other changes for other characters, like three different versions of Duran's main picture, a few Angelas, different attempts at Riesz' changes and some other interesting stuff.

I want to get it scanned in sometime but this thing is so freaking rare I'm almost scared to touch it. I'll try for photos later but I suck at photography and the pages are so glossy it's hard to get good lighting on them.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Wow, awesome. The greatest SD fan ever strikes again :D

The book is in latin script, isn't it? Is there a Japanese original?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

The big fancy pages are done in English, as well as section titles and stuff, but all the smaller texts that give info about the stuff is in Japanese, as well as the comics at the back.

I made the photos too small so you can't really see the Japanese stuff XD
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

That's so neat. I would love scans of the bottom two pages there. Get yourself a hand scanner! :P
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

It should be noted that I now have to officially hate you. I've been looking for that **** for years and have never even seen it for sale.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

Ohhh! Thats really cool! I want that now! It would mke a good referance ^-^; You need to scan the book for us Sheexy~ We'll love you *cough*more*cough* if you do~
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Do want!
ytwars
Chess Knight

Post by ytwars »

That's Awesome!!!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey,

Here's a tip: if you're taking your photos in low light, set the camera to take multiple shots by holding down the shutter. Most cameras have this function. Blurriness is often due to the movement of the camera when pressing and depressing the shutter button. If you are taking multiples, you are guaranteed to get a couple of good shots if you're steady. This is about the best solution I've found to taking low-light photos without a tripod.

Peace,

manaman
Ares
Lullabud

Post by Ares »

*Bows down before Shexxy* That book is soo awesome...! Oooh Riesz art! I always enjoyed watching my brother play the sprite child in Secret of Mana using the spear. Yeah that character was soo cool with all the magic spells near the end of the game.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

I got my copy of the art book today, and hooleeey crap the book is absolutely beautiful.

I don't think it had ever even been opened, it's pristine and the binding is so tight, and it has that lovely new book smell. And and @_@ Squee.

The difference between the detail in these pictures and the scans we see around on the internet is phenomenal. My camera really can't do it justice, especially when my camera is totally lame. And regrettably, due to the nature of the way the book is bound, and the exceptionally high price tag, there is zero chance of me ever scanning this. So... I'll leave it to you Sheexy. :P Good luck!

God I hate my camera. But I'm so happy with this book, and I don't regret buying it for even a second.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Haha, glad you got it and like it!

Now you see why I'm so afraid to scan/touch the thing!

XD
Keale
Rabite

Post by Keale »

That's awesome! I'm so jealous, what a great collectors item you have there.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

Comrade general, you should keep your eyes peeled - in metaphors, not for real - for those who aim to take those pretty books. That includes me, but since we are blessed by distance, I can't take them XD
Gungnir
Rabite

Re: Seiken Densetsu 3 Illustration Book by Nobuteru Yuki

Post by Gungnir »

Hi everyone and happy new year !

I have acquired yesterday the legendary "Nobuteru Yuki - Seiken Densetsu 3 - Illustration Book" . If anybody is interested in seeing scans, just tell me. Besides it would be fun to translate the texts it contains into English, if someone accept to do it.

N.B. 1 :I have a scanner that can detect the Japanese characters, so it allows to copy-paste the text in translation websites easily.

N.B. 2 :
You can find some info about this artbook here :
http://www.fangirl.eu/2012/08/18/doujin ... tion-book/