MAL Member Cards

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

So for those of you who don't have an account, or know of Myanimelist, MAL is basically a large social network site devoted to anime and manga. Anyway, on MAL you can have clubs. Well it is customary that clubs have their own member cards (a lot of members like to put them in their profile or use it as a form of advertisement on other sites.)

I'm in charge of a Fakku group. Before I even go any farther, I'm not going to bring up the site, so no worries. I just wonder if you guys have any opinions on the cards:

Any comments? Advice? I'm pretty pleased with the first one, but it seems like after that they are steadily going downhill in quality. I don't know if it is because I'm tired, or trying to get them done too quickly, or whatever else. Basically my format is to have FAKKU! MAL Chapter in the top-left corner and to have the ID bar for member usernames and # bar to assign a member number. Other than that anything really goes.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Meh. I don't really like any of them :T
Last edited by Kimiko on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey,

I think the first one is really well done though I would change or remove the bottom right red star. Right now it looks strange because it follows the contour of the waist.

The middle one seems strange because the line weight is different between the image in the thought bubble and the other character. Also the thought bubble seems a bit jagged.

The last one is really pretty good except that the "ID" bar has too dark a background. Maybe you could move the horizon a little or put a transparent white fill in both bars. Keep it only semi-transparent so that it's light in there.

Those are my suggestions,

manaman
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

They are really fitting for a site based around loli's. I like the first one myself. It looks perfect for an ID card.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

Definitely the first one :D