Show me your damn browser!

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Since browsers can be customized in almost all aspects so I thought: why not create a thread that we can spam our broswer setups.

I start with this one

Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Pretty standard affair. Not a default theme, but it isn't out of the ordinary or anything. Only real custom item I have is a Fakku search toolbar that is incorporated into a multi-search bar. A lot of people have ABP so... yeah. Pretty average affair. Oh, and I have the download status bar because the download window annoys me.

Edit: Oops, reminded me I never re-downloaded DownloadHelper after switching to Ubuntu. Nifty little add-on.
Last edited by Tsurayu on Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey there,

I use Firefox and like the clean and simple Mac default theme. I also like my bookmarks and Read It Later (which, as you can see, I'm quite behind on). . . . I aslo use AdBlock Plus, Cooliris, Fast Dial, Flashblock and the Yahoo! Toolbar. I have many search engines put into my search bar including Wookieepedia. Here it is:

Peace,

manaman
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

All-In-One Sidebar, FoxClocks, Kolobok Smiles, Clear Fields, AdBlock Plus, Extended Cookie Manager and Tab Mix Plus are some of the plugins I have installed. The search bar has 15 sites in it. The theme is the default one that uses the Gnome theme.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

manaman wrote:Hey there,

I use Firefox and like the clean and simple Mac default theme. I also like my bookmarks and Read It Later (which, as you can see, I'm quite behind on). . . . I aslo use AdBlock Plus, Cooliris, Fast Dial, Flashblock and the Yahoo! Toolbar. I have many search engines put into my search bar including Wookieepedia. Here it is:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb12 ... cture4.png

Peace,

manaman
I would figure you would be using Camino being a Mac fan.

Firefox has a serious memory leak that most fanboys refuse to admit. Firefox also has the worst rendering of any browser out there (Even IE is better and that is just sad). Until mozilla development decides to get off their asses and fix these problems I'll continue to use Chrome.

Firefox has forsaken me...

Edit: I usually cut out the other monitor but I was in a hurry when I posted. Just click the image for a full size shot.
Last edited by DeadWolf on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Meh, they all have their negatives, so much so that I've lost faith that any of them are really that big of a deal. It has turned into nothing more than personal preference. I really loved SRWare Iron, but the Linux Alpha is just garbage.

Is it just my imagination or is manaman's colors more vibrant?
Last edited by Tsurayu on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

Windddooooowssss>......... should download firefox....
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Meh,

I like the extensions I've got with Firefox and it operates just fine for me. Yes, I've noticed that it runs better if I close it often, but a restart never hurt anybody.

I would use Opera next but back in the day when I was really trying to decide between Opera and Firefox and using both often, I ultimately chose Firefox for inline spell-checking and AdBlock Pus. Now I'm so used to Firefox, I rarely check Opera to see what it's like these days.

Peace,

manaman
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Is that Firefox memory leak bug a Windows-only thing? I can't find anything about it for the Linux version. I'm using v3.5.2 btw.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Kimiko wrote:Is that Firefox memory leak bug a Windows-only thing? I can't find anything about it for the Linux version. I'm using v3.5.2 btw.
Yes but the horrible rendering is on all versions.

Sadly there is no Chrome for linux... Yet.
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

I refuse to use anything else made by Google. They practically own half the world and it's creepy and I hate it. I use Firefox, but not because I particularly like it. It used to be quite good, but it's fairly bloated now and a lot slower than it used to be. I'd like to switch. I've never been one for customizing this stuff, though, so... meh. It looks boring, and whatever it is I replace it with will likely look equally boring.

Manaman's colors do look different, but I wouldn't say vibrant... they look oversaturated to me.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I'm too lazy to take a screen but I use Chrome now. It's nice and simple and really fast.

I gave up on Firefox because it would freeze and lock my computer up at least once a day, finally got sick of it and moved onto something else.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I dare say, as much as I like Firefox the memory issue is putting me off it quickly. I don't trust Chrome enough though on my Windows box, though I'm thinking of trying Iron someday soon. The thing is I have a series of useful plugins in Firefox that I use too often to want to change browsers, so I live in hope that they will sort their smeg out.

Not posting a screenshot 'cause it's late, but I use the default theme in Windows and Linux alike.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I think Deadwolf cursed me. I've had Firefox lock up me six frickin' times in the last two days, so I switched to Opera now. I might post a new picture if I am bored enough.

I'm really hoping they'll hurry up and make the SRWare Iron Alpha for Linux actually worth taking the time to set up.
Last edited by Tsurayu on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

See! I'm not crazy.