Inspecting the Seiken Densetsu 3 and Secret of Mana maps...

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

gamekrazzy
Iffish

Re: Inspecting the Seiken Densetsu 3 and Secret of Mana maps

Post by gamekrazzy »

bastian wrote:Yeah... what Sheexy said. Dawn is definately the beginning of the series, so far, at least. It explains how the Mana Goddess came to be, for instance. As for Children and Dawn being "very closely related to SD2" . . . I don't see it. I see more of a similarity between those and SD3/Heroes of Mana because SD3 is the sequel to Heroes, and Heroes references Anise from Dawn.
yeah... I understand what you mean, I mean SD2 has it's own completely different concepts, like the fact that their is no mana goddess, but rather a divine tree that is actually all the women of the mana tribe.

but in my mind I was trying to link the geography, as the geography of SoM is very similar to CoM and DoM.

I guess I could stick with this link between SD3 and SD2 as being after Com and DoM, and quite simple go with the explanation that Mana's inconsistency is why it's geometry is constantly changing. I just think that simply put linking SD3 with SD2 is hard enough as the ideas are not quite going to line up.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

I'm sure you already know that series creator Koichi Ishii has said on multiple occasions that there is no real timeline as each game deals with different karmic versions of the same people/events. I think this is a cop-out and am sure there's a reasonable explaination for the various issues that prevent a clear timeline. I can accept that perhaps SD3/Heroes takes place on a completely different planet, or on the same planet but in a different reality (that's sort of what the end of Heroes points to). And what with each game talking about how in the past there was some sort of generic massive war, it might be reasonable to assume that each game takes places tens of thousands of years apart. Civilization came to such an advanced point in SoM's prehistory that they had subways, for goodness sake.
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

Yeah, which is why I almost don't want to make this game, but then again... ugh... why does this give me a headache. roflmao.
bastian wrote:Civilization came to such an advanced point in SoM's prehistory that they had subways, for goodness sake.
...best part of the game...うはwwwwww.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

gamekrazzy wrote:Yeah, which is why I almost don't want to make this game, but then again... ugh... why does this give me a headache. roflmao.
maybe you should make an interstellar-themed seiken densetsu, like Xenosaga with Mana story XD
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

Abdul_Moti wrote:
gamekrazzy wrote:Yeah, which is why I almost don't want to make this game, but then again... ugh... why does this give me a headache. roflmao.
maybe you should make an interstellar-themed seiken densetsu, like Xenosaga with Mana story XD
lmao, wouldn't that be a game to play. To be honest though, I am not that much of a fan of that style in rpg. I know I fail.... :D

I have trouble getting into futuristic games, which is why I don't really like fall out, and any of the Xeno games.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey, don't let the timeline thing discourage you! I'm still gonna eventually write up my retelling of FFA that links it to SoM even though I gotta change a ton of details from the games. I just think it'd be neat to do.
darkfist007
Rabite

Post by darkfist007 »

I don't know if anyone else has said this but Ive always seen some of the Seiken Densetsu games being related and the others are simply because of the fact that the sword of mana has the ability to recreate the world. Whoever it is that recreates it keeps it close enough to the one they are from, hence the town names being the same and some locations being the same, and why some places are never in the same spot twice. Thats just my 2 cents on it though.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

darkfist007 wrote:I've always seen some of the Seiken Densetsu games being related and the others are simply because of the fact that the sword of mana has the ability to recreate the world.
with this, the creators has at least two advantages, that they have the logical reason of 'the world has been recreated with sword of mana' and they wouldn't find much trouble in map reshaping and story telling, includes who involved in past events to back up each game's story.
such a 'double kill' I might say. so feel free to reshape the world comrade, since the essential story is 'just' about Mana itself and the rest are complimentary (this is why the DoM story is much like a drama and LoM + HoM look like a history report)
not to be harsh since this be merely a subjective opinion of mine..
(I miss this talkative above :P )