My new Squeenix Game

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dutch Samurai
Mushboom

Post by Dutch Samurai »

Ok it's not so new but I'm liking Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. (Hereafter referred to as FFCCEOT). A cross-platform Wi-Fi-able RPG/Platformer/Dungeon-Crawler for the Ninteno DS and Wii that is even better than Children of Mana. Its awesome because you can co-op or battle friends or strangers across the world. I'm liking the story and the dungeons are challenging. Wide assortment of Weapons, Armor and character cutomizations.
Last edited by Dutch Samurai on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

Sounds really interesting. However I don't play it, perhaps Kimiko has some opinions.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Let me think now

1. Please post in correct forum
2. Name your thread that fits what you are talking about
3. There is something more, but I would like not to say it here, because it would make you hate me for the rest of your life
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey,

This is a good game. It's been out stateside for a while now. I would recommend the DS version. If you get it, we could play online.

Peace,

manaman
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

I got this game a while ago and just never really gave it a good go yet. I'd love to co-op with some of you once I pick it up and figure out how to play it!
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Crystal Chronicles: Echoes Of Time is a pretty good game. It's better than its predecessor in some ways. There are still a few things that could stand improving, but overall it's a good game.

The 'Final Fantasy' in the title is there only because Squeenix believes it will help sell more games. There isn't really any relationship between the Final Fantasy games and the Crystal Chronicles games beyond them being made by the same company. It's kinda like the first Mana game being called 'Final Fantasy Adventure'.
Dutch Samurai
Mushboom

Post by Dutch Samurai »

Delvar wrote:I got this game a while ago and just never really gave it a good go yet. I'd love to co-op with some of you once I pick it up and figure out how to play it!
manaman wrote:Hey,

This is a good game. It's been out stateside for a while now. I would recommend the DS version. If you get it, we could play online.

Peace,

manaman
Awesome! But bear in mind I'm only like level 30-something with my main characters. I haven't even made it through the graveyard yet. :-P But let me get my friend code for you two... Hold on... Grabbing the DS... My friend code is... 4812 6523 0849. I play all the time with someone I know who lives in another state so maybe you could come play in one of our worlds, or we'll come to play in one of yours. Yay! :D
Deques wrote:Let me think now

1. Please post in correct forum
2. Name your thread that fits what you are talking about
3. There is something more, but I would like not to say it here, because it would make you hate me for the rest of your life
I formally apologize... I didn't realize that there was a separate gaming forum. I thought the name was fitting enough as it's a new game for me. I doubt there is much you could say too make me hate you. Hate is a waste of energy. :heart:
Kimiko wrote:Crystal Chronicles: Echoes Of Time is a pretty good game. It's better than its predecessor in some ways. There are still a few things that could stand improving, but overall it's a good game.

The 'Final Fantasy' in the title is there only because Squeenix believes it will help sell more games. There isn't really any relationship between the Final Fantasy games and the Crystal Chronicles games beyond them being made by the same company. It's kinda like the first Mana game being called 'Final Fantasy Adventure'.
Well you could say there isn't any relationship between most of the Final Fanatsy games as they take place in different worlds and have different characters. Yet the spells all have the same names (Cure, Curaga, Thunder, Thundaga etc.), the currency is called gil, and usually there is a character called Cid who's an airship pilot. This game doesn't have a character named Cid (at least I haven't met him as of yet) but the other two aspects are in the game, and the game has similar monsters as the other FF games. The main difference is that It's less of an RPG (though it has RPG elements) and is more of a platformer/action dungeon crawler. I tend to think of Mana as a spin-off of the Final Fantasy series as well.