SD3 ???? Seeds, I must know...

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Bahamut2000X
Rabite

Post by Bahamut2000X »

Am I just doing it wrong or am I just THAT unlucky?

I've been farming the items for class change in the cave of darkness, I had gotten one earlier in the jungle of illusion which turned into a Paladin's Proof, I used it and made Duran a Paladin. I went to the cave of darkness to farm the others for my party, and got 4 new ???? seeds I turned them in and ALL four were Paladin's proof, I reloaded up my emulator and tried again and again, using different lead members and throwing out my old Proof and I always get the same result.

So someone please tell me, am I just not doing this right, or am I seriously so unlucky as to get 5 paladin's proofs in a row?
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

Sort of.... you have to try different places depending who your main character is. Jungle of Illusion is for Kevin or Carlie; as is the Mirage Palace. So if your main character is Duran or Angela, head to the Glass Desert or to Dragon's Hole. If it's Hawk (like mine) or Amazon-Lady-Whose-Name-I-Can-Never-Remember, go to Cave of Darkness or Dark Castle.

Rule of thumb is best place to farm items is the final areas of your main character's story.
Bahamut2000X
Rabite

Post by Bahamut2000X »

Rise is my main character so I'm at the Cave of Darkness now, but I keep getting Duran's item for class change, despite him class changing. I'm just wondering if the game hates me so, or if there's a trick to ensuing you get someone elses item.
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

There's no trick I'm really aware of.... although I do remember that getting these seeds is a pain in the butt - after four hours of farming I STILL didn't get a Death Wolf Soul for Kevin so I went screw you and made him a Dervish instead as I had loads of the Demon Wolf Souls. Then guess what I started to get in abundance? :(

Best I can suggest is keep farming. Patience is totally rewarded by watching Rise start murdering things with Jormungand.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Another tip is to go to different inns and try to grow the wanted item. This will help. Or use set another character to grow the seeds. Use variations, or else you will get the same item
Bahamut2000X
Rabite

Post by Bahamut2000X »

Ok that's good to know, I was just thinking I was the most unlucky guy in the world or something.
Trang
BuzzBee

Post by Trang »

Just get more ??? Seeds.
Here: viewtopic.php?id=1422&p=1
IMissSqrSoft
Mushboom

Post by IMissSqrSoft »

I experienced this problem awhile ago. All you have to do to resolve it is either:

A) Save @ an in Inn, Reset the game and then try planting the seed again
if that doesn't work then

B) Fight enemies until a treasure chest drops, open the chest, save the game and then reset it. Then try replanting the seed again.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Re: SD3 ???? Seeds, I must know...

Post by Duran »

Yeah, I think they're random drops. I recall one game where I kept getting Lord's Proof instead of Paladin's Proof. It just takes a while.
hawklise33
Ma Goblin

Re:

Post by hawklise33 »

Bahamut2000X wrote:Rise is my main character so I'm at the Cave of Darkness now, but I keep getting Duran's item for class change, despite him class changing. I'm just wondering if the game hates me so, or if there's a trick to ensuing you get someone elses item.
that happen to me too. i always get Nighteye Die for Hawk and its frustrating.
my suggestion is turn off the emulator and reload the game or u already dont that? XD
Badseed
Rabite

Re: SD3 ???? Seeds, I must know...

Post by Badseed »

I have a secret of mana 2 on the actual snes game cart.no emulator. im playing on a snes console and i cant find lise dark dark item for the life of me.Im on hour six and all i keep getting is silver wolf souls and damn dragonknight necklaces.Ive tried the reset and save thing and the fight enemys and save but they are always still the same.I guess this does not work cause im not playing on a emulator..?this sucks i just want to get me fenrir knight and play this game!! IM SICK OF LOOKING FOR ??? SEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!