Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

Eh, it's fine. I've spoiled a lot of games for myself, and I still liked most of them.
But anyhow, what you said about Maxim and how he looks like "some redhaired pretty-boy with a hairstyle that rivals Goku and fights for his friends." I noticed that description very much fits Crono. Crono might as well be a Goku RECOLOR, but people still like him, as well as Chrono Trigger itself. Maxim may not be as bad in the remake as you think.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

The game is still developed by Neverland, so blaming Square Enix for this is kinda stupid. You should blame Neverland instead :D
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

There's always time to blame Square-Enix! ;)
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

It's practically the law!
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

Agreed. The only decent game Enix brought out before its unholy union with Squaresoft was Terranigma.

In Lufia-related news:

Got a copy of it for Christmas. Original PAL version, instruction manual, poster of the world map and a list of items and magics, even that silly promotional poster Nintendo put in every SNES game.

Sucker was in mint condition. Not even the telltale scratches on the cart connectors to show it's been played. Only flaw was the box was mildly squashed on one side.

It was beautiful to see the original artwork for the characters - absolutely jawdropping. Funnily enough Iris looks a dead ringer for Count D from Petshop of Horrors, go figure.

Not to mention, vintage new-game-smell is a potent drug. I know the best cognac is aged for about fifteen years but daaaaamn it was great ahahahahaimhigh.

Only downside is, it's in perfect condition. I will never be able to play it and live with myself. I will keep it in perfect condition always and pass it down to my great-grandchildren. Kinda like a geek heirloom.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Tyrfillich wrote:Agreed. The only decent game Enix brought out before its unholy union with Squaresoft was Terranigma.
Don't forget the Star Ocean series. =o

But then of course Terranigma was developed by Quintet and Star Ocean by Tri-Ace, Enix only published them.

It's hard to believe it's been 7 years since Enix stopped publishing independently.
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

Let's hope they keep it that way. Illusion of Gaia was the biggest letdown I've ever seen next to the second Hellraiser movie.

I was thinking earlier - Chrono isn't a pretty boy; if you've ever seen the artwork of him he looks damn similar to Trunks (same manga-ka after all). Not to mention they didn't radically alter his appearance for the DS remake...

Seriously though. Gades, a good guy. Why don't they just have Arek and Dekar dancing the can-can in nipple clamps and get it over with? It'll look just as ridiculous; but will have the bonus of appeasing SOMEONE out there (namely all the fangirls).
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

It's because Akira Toriyama uses the same generic set of faces for all his characters.