Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

There's not much going on in this forum outside of the "What games are you playing?" topic. Figured I'd just see if anyone is in to Lufia 2. I've yet to play it, but the DS remake is going to be a day-one buy for me. It's one of the few great SNES RPGs that I've missed out on. The fact that it's being remade into a Mana-esque action RPG makes it all that more attractive.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Lufia is a wonderful series but oh so sad. ;_; I adore it, but it has been so long since I last played. I didn't know there was a remake of Lufia 2 coming out, I'm going to have to grab it!
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

Ooh, I didn't know there was going to be a remake either, definitely playing that!
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

It will be action oriented RPG game, not like the original game that was turn based RPG
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

I'm looking forward to play it.

the original Lufia 2, as I recall, has many riddle rooms. hope they'll make better riddles so my wits won't dim.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

RIght on. I'm hoping that there are some good puzzles too. Console RPGs need more puzzles, and less grinding.

But what's with the leather jacket? :o It seems so out of place.
LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

I dunno, I guess that's Square Enix for ya. I mean, just look at that spiky hair. JUST LOOK AT IT!
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Haha, keep your eyes peeled for random belts and zippers that serve no practical purpose too! >P
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

Oh, God. Eye bleach please waiter, and do hurry.

I can overlook them translating Selan into Japanese and back into English to Serena and I can overlook the fact they've apparently put Gades in the good guys list. But oh em eff frickin' gee. They've taken one of my favourite games of all time and turned it into a cheap JRPG.

Squeenix, you bastards. It took me long enough to forgive you for Kingdom Hearts. Why do you hurt me so? And don't think I've forgiven you for Illusion of Gaia, either!
LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

Square-Enix can be both a bad company and a wonderful company. I see that they've not only upset you, but a lot of other Lufia 2 fans, with this remake. At least they seem to be finally working hard on their remakes as proven by this, as well as Final Fantasy III and IV.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

To be honest I really don't want remakes at all, especially of games like Lufia and SD3. I think they're perfect just the way they are.

Bahamut Lagoon is an exception though, that game deserves a remake to flesh it out a bit more.
LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

Some companies do go overboard with remakes, but sometimes they ARE necessary, for NES games in particular. Take EarthBound Zero for example - it's a game that was ruined by extreme difficulty and rigorously long periods of grinding. Thing is that there's still a good game buried under the myriad of flaws. A remake for that game would be perfect.

Of course, when they update games that really don't need to be updated at all, well, things like Super Mario 64 DS might happen. :<
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

I dunno, call me a whiner if you have to, but the second I saw that the Dual Blade had been replaced by some clockwork chatterbox I thought "you corporate bastards" and immediately imagined a world of teenagers praising this innovative and totally original game.

One of my favourite memories playing games as a child was the heartwrenching moment when you realize that Maxim is going to die, alone and on the top of a collapsing tower... and then doesn't. I don't want that ruined by some redhaired pretty-boy with a hairstyle that rivals Goku and fights for his friends.

On a hopeful note, maybe they'll do a Dracula X Chronicles trick and enclose the original Lufia II as an unlockable.
LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

Um...did I mention I haven't played the original game yet? >>"
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

Whoops... sorry dude.

Although technically it's only a spoiler if it's integral to the plot.

*ducks*