Me Too! Me Too!

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Oi!

Wow! I was just cursing an incredibly annoying bout of AASS ("Annoyingly Awkward Sleep Syndrome") and realized I haven't checked in for a very long time. As a result, this is my "Christmas letter" to the Seikens:

Life has been very hectic. My wife and I are working two jobs, I finished a degree last semester, we've done a bit of traveling and I've done a bit of collecting.

Highlights of stuff you're likely not aware of:
:hof: Loving our jobs, but incredibly busy.
:hof: It's super rewarding but the last month or so has left us feeling drained when we come home.
:hof: Had some successful weekends of work as well.
:hof: Only New Super Mario Bros. Wii and The Beatles: Rock Band help.
:hof: Brought Wii to the other side of the country for Christmas so that we could enjoy above games with family.
:hof: Finally have all of Star Wars and all of Back to the Future on DVD
:hof: Had a kid say, "That was your generation" when asked, "Have you seen Back to the Future?" O_O
:hof: Started reliving the '90's by going back and watching all the seasons of Xena: Warrior Princess on Netflix.
:hof: I've gotten back in CCG's.
:hof: Excited about printing out the SD3 cards Sheexy posted!
:hof: Purchased some Middle-earth CCG cards.
:hof: Purchased some Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess CCG cards.
:hof: Cannot go on eBay for a while. . . .
:hof: Fun times hanging out with some coworkers eating apple pie and playing Quiddler among other things.

Anyway, this month is shaping up to be another killer-busy one. I'm going to go browse the forums now, but I'll likely see you in more earnest ways come February.

Miss you all!

manaman

PS: Is there any way to do better bullet points on this forum?
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

manaman wrote:* Had a kid say, "That was your generation" when asked, "Have you seen Back to the Future?" O_O
Well then that kids fails at life. Seriously.

Welcome back. <3 glad that you're enjoying your life, regardless of how hectic it is. Few people have that joy in life.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey Nightshade,

Thanks! I genuinely do have an awesome life. :D And I actually like the kid in question but the comment made my heart break a bit! Yup, yup, things are good. For some reason I can't sleep tonight, though.

Peace,

manaman
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

It sounds like you're doing well, good stuff.

Small world, Hope and I rewatched all of Xena just last year. It led to us singing the Joxer the Mighty song at random times of the day. So fun. >P
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Re: Bullet points
Better? ;)
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Hiya Manaman! Good to see you again :)

What's wrong with saying that Back To The Future is ancient? *huh
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

manaman wrote::hof: I've gotten back in CCG's.
I use to be big into Magic The Gather eons ago. Do you play?
manaman wrote:PS: Is there any way to do better bullet points on this forum?
• or #149
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Kimiko wrote:What's wrong with saying that Back To The Future is ancient? *huh
It's 1985! It's only just hitting its 25th anniversary.

Stop making me feel old, damnit! ;)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I was gonna ask the same question as Deadwolf about the CCG comment.
manaman wrote:Excited about printing out the SD3 cards Sheexy posted!
Those cards are 3.5 by 4.5 inches. And you only need one of each to play. These are things I should probably add to the article x_x;

And I don't think there is a better way for bullet points, but I think the Hand of Fate works nice. :D

Good to hear from you man!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey everyone,

Let's see, let's see. . . . Thanks Kass for the HoF bullet points. Works for me! I'll probably try DeadWolf's next time though I was really wondering more if there was anything that would keep hanging indent formatting. . . .

CCG's. Believe it or not, I've only played Magic once or twice in my life and never really in earnest. I was baby sitting some kids that provided me a deck and were so into it that I basically just went through the motions while they told me exactly what to do at every step of the way. :)

My first CCG was Star Wars (the old Decipher one) followed by Middle-earth CCG. I played in a Highlander tournament and got pretty far but I was borrowing cards from friends. I don't have any of those cards now. I also had a brief stint of Pokemon with the same kids who showed me Magic but I borrowed their cards. A year or two I bought a booster pack of Maple Story because I was interested in seeing what the cards were like but as there isn't anyone to play with me, I didn't pursue it. Now I'm trying out the ARC System games (of which Xena and Hercules are a part) and it's actually a very excellent quick and easy game. I kind of like it for that. I'll play MECCG when a good buddy or three of mine have time to sit down for marathon gaming. I may be able to talk my wife into some games of Xena. ;)

And dagnabbit!--Back to the Future is NOT ancient!

Peace,

manaman
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Oh, come on. BttF is only nine years younger than me. That's almost ancient, isn't it?
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Kimiko wrote:Oh, come on. BttF is only nine years younger than me. That's almost ancient, isn't it?
Hmmm?

You're 34, Kimiko? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Peace,

manaman
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

I'm 33 and a ½ now :o
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Awesome Kimiko!

For some reason I thought you were in your mid twenties. But anyhoo, what do I know? I'm not that far behind you in age, so I'm glad to know that. By the way, these young whippersnappers don't know what's the bee's knees, do they? Back to the Future is AWESOME and HIP!

Peace,

manaman
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Apparently 20 is considered young here.