fictional foods contest

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

I had this idea on Wednesday when me and Ryoko 126 got in a discussion on different ways to make rabite. I did this to see what some of you would come up with as dishes.

The following are the different categories to enter dishes in:
1) explosive
2) vile/repulisve etc
3) delicious
4) bizarre
5) spicy
6) nutritious

I will post new categories as I come up with them or if no one posts.

The rules are as follows:
1) no spices (salt is not included)
2) you can only enter a dish in 2 categories maximum
3) if you are cooking meat you must specify what part of the creature you are cooking. If the creature is a large species.
4) if you are cooking a creature that is widely used and has different characteristic in each area you must specify which variety. Example: troll, swamp troll, battle troll, or troll mage.
5) if you make a stew or anything of the like you must put the ingredients used. Do not list the amount of each ingredient used.
6) You must put in what manner did you cook it. Example: broil, satte, roast on a spit, etc.

I hope I receive many exotic dishes from all the minds here.
Last edited by kirby on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

Hey, this sounds like a potentially fun forum game, I just had one question:
kirby wrote:1) no spices (salt is not included)
No spices? This makes the foodie in me quite sad. And how can it be made spicy if no spices are allowed? Are you saying the different animals/plants we use from the various Mana games are supposed to be the supplement for spices and flavoring? Also, can we use the fruits and veggies that can be grown in the games? (Mangoelephant, citrisquid, etc.)

Just wondering. :3 (Now I'll have to go through the list of baddies and find a garlic one since 90% of the entrees I cook involve garlic in some way. >> )
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Bonus points for real recipes and pictures.
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Meat.
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

NightshadeTea wrote:Hey, this sounds like a potentially fun forum game, I just had one question:
kirby wrote:1) no spices (salt is not included)
No spices? This makes the foodie in me quite sad. And how can it be made spicy if no spices are allowed? Are you saying the different animals/plants we use from the various Mana games are supposed to be the supplement for spices and flavoring? Also, can we use the fruits and veggies that can be grown in the games? (Mangoelephant, citrisquid, etc.)

Just wondering. :3 (Now I'll have to go through the list of baddies and find a garlic one since 90% of the entrees I cook involve garlic in some way. >> )
What you say is correct, the ingredients used within your dishes should be fictional, that is why it is called a fictional foods contest. You can use any food that can not be found in this world, so you can use the fruits and veggies in the games. Also, to make spicy foods use a creature that is naturally on fire, etc.
Another thing, I am wondering how many dishes will end up in the 'explosive' category it should be easy to come up with dishes for this category.

This is also not just exclusive of the Mana games, the ingredients can be found in any piece of fiction.

Also due to Duran's personality rabite recipes are not allowed XD.

Also due to the fact of how much fiction I know of will you allow me to be the judge? If you are forgetting of my conquests in fiction look at my first post.
Last edited by kirby on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Sk-skoo-skooma?!?!
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

Faalstar wrote:Sk-skoo-skooma?!?!
I am afraid to ask this but what does this mean? You know way to many odd statements for me to comprehend Faalstar.

That and how much more information must I post here before I get my first dish? I am getting hungry here, if I do not get something here soon I will probably eat Salty Wendigo.

Also, due to the fact no one has posted here I am going to give you 2 examples, one simple and one not so simple.

dish 1
Category: spicy
Ingredients: Fiery Bulblax
Cooking preparations: none (it is still on fire)

dish 2
Category: delicious
Ingredients: Red Mousse, Yellow Jelly, Purple Bavarois, White Mousse, Black Flan, Flan Princess, Golden Flan, and Dust Mousse*
Cooking Preparations: (I do not know the right term here but something a little thicker than a puree), then freeze

*these are all FFIV monsters

I hope this explains what I am looking for a little better.
Last edited by kirby on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Buffalo Rabite Pizza.

Neo Kobe Rabite Pizza.

Rabite Whiskey.
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

DeadWolf wrote:Buffalo Rabite Pizza.

Neo Kobe Rabite Pizza.

Rabite Whiskey.
I told you already no rabite recipes, and how in the world do you make whiskey from a rabite? That and you are not supposed to use real world ingredients, if you want to use buffalo you must use the fictional equivalent of a buffalo.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

kirby wrote:

Neo Kobe Rabite Pizza.

Rabite Whiskey.
how in the world do you make whiskey from a rabite?
You put it in with the mash to give it that distinct Rabite flavor.
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

DeadWolf wrote:
kirby wrote:

Neo Kobe Rabite Pizza.

Rabite Whiskey.
how in the world do you make whiskey from a rabite?
I do not know what you mean by mas h, and I have to go to computer applications so see you in 10 - 65 minutes.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

kirby wrote:
DeadWolf wrote:
kirby wrote: how in the world do you make whiskey from a rabite?
I do not know what you mean by mas h, and I have to go to computer applications so see you in 10 - 65 minutes.
Mashing
Next, you will mash in your ground malt barley, mixed with water, in the mash tun that can be identical to a brewer's mash tun.. This process also known as "sugaring" or "conversion", when we convert the starch into sugar resulting in a liquid "wort". How much time this process takes is well known for brewers: depends on the size of the tank and amount of mash.
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

DeadWolf wrote:
kirby wrote:
DeadWolf wrote:You put it in with the mash to give it that distinct Rabite flavor.
Mashing
Next, you will mash in your ground malt barley, mixed with water, in the mash tun that can be identical to a brewer's mash tun.. This process also known as "sugaring" or "conversion", when we convert the starch into sugar resulting in a liquid "wort". How much time this process takes is well known for brewers: depends on the size of the tank and amount of mash.
Hmm... now this is helpful DeadWolf, but you must put the dish in a category and the dish can not be rabite based, for the dish to be accepted.

You can use nearly any other fictional substance as long as I do not receive too many dishes with the same ingredient. An example would be if I recieved over 30 - 40 dishes with Rambull in them.

Also NightshadeTea there is an area on battleon with mutant vegetables except I forget if one of them was garlic, I will check that out for you soon. I just realised that I do not know the difference between onions and garlic. (I keep thinking garlic is made form onions but I know that is not right).

That and why is Kimiko avoiding me? Does he still think I am more of a troll than Tyrfillich (no offense) ? He's been off then on then off then on... but he has not benn posting as often especially when I am online.

If this topic eventually becomes sticky I will be so happy, or even if it is active for more than 10 - 12 days. Actually I am very surprised Faalstar has not put up a dish for each category that would blow my mind to just prove how right Sheexy's title is.
Last edited by kirby on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.