Dawn of Mana remake. I'm making one. And I need ideas.

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Neo Oz
Lullabud

Re: Dawn of Mana remake. I'm making one. And I need ideas.

Post by Neo Oz »

Uhh vx ... i think its good for gb games ^^but i don't really lik'it.

With spritesheets ya mean charsets or tilesets ...both ?

Well didnt learn ruby so i wont be much help in scriptin' immah only knows how to script messages like
"Hello World"
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Both, haha. I completely suck at graphics in general. Tilesets are a major issue for me right now, because they take so much time to put together and completely kill my interest in game making. I got to the point where Keldy and Ritzia are heading to the Great Tree... and realized I had no suitable tilesets for the shrine underneath the great tree (or even appropriate tiles for the Great Tree itself). Searched around a bit online... gave up and put the game on hold. Piecing together the tileset for the village and Sunbeam Forest was annoying enough, I just did't have the heart to paste together a tilesheet for the shrine underneath the Great Tree.
Neo Oz
Lullabud

Post by Neo Oz »

uwah well thatsa whole lotta work.

First hafta take look how itsa lookin' that shrine and stuff. and i need a template or example of howtcha made yer previous stuff so its fittin' and then i´ll see soon enough howtsa gooin' to go ;)

Another idea is to rip the graphics of SD 2 and 3 and mak'em into tilesets recolor edit em here and there... well it would be faster for sure. the mak'in i mean ...

...but well for that you hafta play the game over again to get all the tiles ya need... on the pc that is ^-^;
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

bastian, the terrain for the shrine and inside the mana tree is very similar to that of a cave. The entance is the only thing that is really viny and looks like a tree. Your best bet would probably to tint SD3 cave tiles to a bluish green color.

Hey, I was bored so, I made this spritesheet of Keldy so that it resembles the style used for mana games.
http://gamekrazzyproduction.deviantart.com/#/d3h9f44
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Gamekrazzy, that looks really good! If you could do the rest of the sprites for him I would gladly use your Keldy. I can provide you with the templates if you wanted (there's one for just standing, one for walking, one for running, one each for attacking with each weapon), etc.
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

That would be nice. :D I have been looking for something to do anyways. The bottom half of the spritesheet is after he got the seed inside him btw. The templates would make these much easier too.
Neo Oz
Lullabud

Post by Neo Oz »

Already have a bitepile o' chartemplates.
I'd like sumfink to see how ya made yer tilesets up so it fits together/in tha game. Ain't necessary but helpsalot
Immah in tha middle of makin' those tiles.
but theres still some other **** i havta do but i absolutly dont wanna to XD

yeah that keldy is cool man.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Cool to see you're drumming up more interest bastian!

I tried to play the game but I get RGSS-RTP Standard Not Found error whenever it tries to open up. Do I have to extract the files anywhere specific?
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Oh lord, I forgot to include the RTP files. stupid rpg maker xp doesn't do it automatically when you compress whereas the current version (rpg maker vx) does. I'll have to research how to do that. Dumbstupidprogram.

An alternative method is to download the package here:
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package
and extract it.