A different Mana Story...

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

gamekrazzy
Iffish

A different Mana Story...

Post by gamekrazzy »

Hey everyone.. was scrolling through things and I remembered a thread titled "Mana Anime Project". Anyways it was cancel'd due to schoolwork?...

Well, now to the point. I was thinking of doing something similar. You see, I like to animate, as some of you have already noticed. I plan on making up my own complete mana story to insert into the series, as an anime project. I want to have new characters involved, and maybe a few familiar faces. And so I thought that maybe I could get a few ideas from here. This idea really just popped into my mind yesterday so no character designs or basis of story have been developed. Please help me out with this. ^_^ Thanks!
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Re: A different Mana Story...

Post by DeadWolf »

I would really love to see a prequel to FFA/SwOM. Following the 3 Gemma knights all the way to the fight with Vandole.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

This +1.
Also always wanted to see the lead up to SoM.
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

Both of those are interesting ideas. I mean Prequels are always fun! :D
Though I personally think that a prequel is a little overated, mainly because you get a gist of the story in the original, and it also gives forshadowing of the events in the original.

Anyways keep bringing in ideas!!!!!
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

Well, I guess Im not getting much help here am I... Anyways, Kassidy I kind of like your idea on the prequel to SoM. I think I might just do that...

Some questions that would be answered:
Geography? Big major topic that could be answered in the anime... The sinking of the Mana Fortress caused a masive earthquake everywhere and reshaped the landscape. All cities and towns, and villages became ruins, swept away by the oceans, and those who survived had to re-build, re-name, re-everything. That would explain why the names of places were different from the others.
I kind of want to base the landscape for this anime on SD3's landscape, and have some sort of twist, like maybe this mana fortress can actually be created by Wendel, the least expected to be the bad guys.

Anyone care to tell me what they think of this so far?

Also, Sheexy, do you mind if I use you as a character for the anime?
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

I've completely given up on the anime project.(You can see by the rarity of me getting on that I'll never have time for it.))

I Wish you luck on yours! I look forward to seeing it actually! I agree with Kassidy on an SoM lead up. It would be daring!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

The idea of Wendel creating it could be interesting. As some sort of attempt to prevent another disaster with the Dragon Emperor and whatnot, but it turning out to be against the will of Mana.

The tricky thing with the reshaping of the world is the time frame of it all. That said, it's not like a huge civilization has formed in SoM, so the Empire aside they could all technically be post-apocalyptic colonies of a sort. Water levels rising can certainly be an explanation for some land changes, but it's hard to stretch it too far.

/late-night-ponderings
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

I'm glad you liked the idea of Wendel being the bad guys... also I would like it if you pondered the changes of terrain. although I believe my idea should ring through. If you think about it, in SOM the Mana Fortress rises from the sea, so logically it had to be under the sea, so a cataclysmic blow to the world would cause changes in climate and water level, which is the easiest way to explain the changes. Also think about the fact that SoM would have to take place a good century or two later(Yay, I just realized this would be about the time of birth of Luca), as the actual tale of the mana fortress was thought to be a fairy tale.

*Edit*
I want to actually begin the anime like most Seiken Densetsu stories start... Being told orally. The Elder of Potos Village should be telling the story as if it were a fairy tale to the kids. And I'll have Randi as a child somewhere between 4 and 7 years old. I should really start on character designs.
Last edited by gamekrazzy on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

Ok, and now for another update on the anime. Currently I am working on the trailer, which I will upload onto Youtube.

Anyways I have a few character designs done, technically not character designs as I didn't do the back and side views, but hey, I'm skipping steps. :P

Jacob - Kevin's son, and one of the hero's in the story.
Jacob2 - Just another picture of Jacob, but different color hair.

What color hair should I go with, and also please help me with a little issue I have with the lore here. I want it where the beastmen become the blue mushboom's you meet in SD2. I just am unsure fully how to develop this.