Still alive! Mostly!

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Still alive! Mostly!

Post by Tyrfillich »

Haha no.

Back again, just to see if this place is still moving. Apologies again for my extended absence from this veritable giggle; I've been caught up in all sorts of real-life crap. Actually, there's a fair bit of it...

- New job working swimmingly. Well, same job, different office. Started off doing secure work for the police over here, now working in asset management. Once a librarian I suppose....

- Been working on my sad attempts at hacking everything I own. Actually they've paid off! DS is running custom firmware, my PSP is playing every PS1 game I own, and my computer is working like mad (although it's about to die).

- Going to Japan in a week's time! Finally living the dream! Going to screw around Sapporo for a week, then Kyoto, then Tokyo before coming home. Going to be away almost all of February - it's going to be a blast. I already looked into if Nintendo offers tours of their HQ but sadly no - not allowed in the building if you're not an employee. So you guys will have to settle for photos. Apparently Koji Kondo and Kikuta-san both like relaxing in the parks around Kyoto... not that I'd be able to recognise them, but that won't stop me from trying!

- Still playing WoW and MineCraft. How on earth I still have a fiancee is beyond me.

Anyway, back again and I'll try to hang around longer. Thanks for putting up with me!
Kefka
Whimper

Re: Still alive! Mostly!

Post by Kefka »

hey.. whoever you are, welcome back to the board! :-D
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Heya Tyrf! I remember you. Welcome back! :D
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Good to see you back around! Glad things are going well!

Hey when you're in Tokyo keep a look out for Mana goodies if you pop into any game shops. If you see a Rabite you're required to buy it for me... y'know, basic membership rules around here, you agreed to them... definitely. Please? :D
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

Yeah alright Sheexy, that's fair. And then you can pay for the postage!

Currently in Tokyo in Asukusa. (Comfy backpacker hostel with a really enthusiastic guy running the show). I'll be venturing into Akihabara tomorrow and most of next week; with an eye peeled for all old-school goodies - would you believe I found a copy of Mother1+2 for GBA - in Kyoto of all places? So I'm hopeful I'll find some decent SOM swag!

That is of course assuming I can move. Train stations in Japan - adorable advertisements for everything from safety to food. Train station in Akihabara - cute advertisements for maid cafes, catgirl cafes and all manner of things meant to render men inert via blood loss.

You guys may need to send a Search and Rescue team.
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

I would just like to say that Akihabara kicks arse.

I have thus far procured:

Seiken Densetsu 2
Seiken Densetsu 3
Innocent Life
Mother 1+2
Corpse Party - Blood Covered Continuing Fear
Chrono Trigger Compendium
Chrono Cross Compendium
Crisis Core Collector's Compendium
Corpse Party Compendium
LoZ: Link's Awakening Official Guide

Will post pics once my Internet stops screwing around.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Did you see the KFC there? I totally ate there! The Colonel was wearing a shrimp hat and I was like, there is no way I'm not eating here!

Also, while you were running around there did you stumble into the Square store? They had a lot of neat expensive stuff when I went in there, that's where I found the sword necklace.
And how many hours did you spend scouring the little boxes where people put their collections for sale? I swore there was a Rabite in there somewhere... but I never found one!
Zable Fahr
Mushboom

Post by Zable Fahr »

*always fashionably late* Welcome; it's nice to have you back~ And from Japan no less... D: You're like, way over there, and way over here at the same time. Isn't technology wonderful? XD

Lucky ... I'd love ta go there sometime. X[ For a bunch of SD Gundam merchandise.. *fanatic*

Have fun~
Tyrfillich
Evil Sword

Post by Tyrfillich »

Sheexy: I did eat at a KFC there (in Shinjuku on my way back from the Enix store, actually) just because they had a teriyaki burger. I also nearly died of laughter-related injuries as next to the big portrait of Colonel Sanders they had an AED defibrillator unit. I know that building codes in Japan mandate that there needs to be one in every commercial building but what a place to put it!

In the Square-Enix shop everything was Dragon Quest. :( we found some Chocobo plushies (Chocobo Tales of course; the ones they had were White Mage, Black Mage and Storybook) as well as a Tonberry plushie (mine!). There was some Chrono Trigger action dioramas as well, but the kind where they don't specify which one is on the box, so it's a bit of grab-bag. Was hoping for Chrono and Marle sitting under a tree; got Chrono fighting Magus and Chrono and Frog. Oh well, they still look nifty. Asked the clerk if they had any Seiken Densetsu swag - only thing they had was the soundtrack for LoM; which I already own. Sadly declined.

But! They had a life-size and very real-looking Sephiroth in a Lifestream-esque coffin in the floor, and THE ORIGINAL GENESIS OUTFIT that was worn by Gackt for the Project G ending of Dirge of Cerberus. I nearly fanboy'd myself right out of this reality and into the next one.

Couldn't find any more Seiken swag; but then again I found a mint condition sealed SD3 for about 2,500 yen - pretty lucky find I think!

Zable: Did grab some Gundam gear but not much. Found a copy of SD Gundam for SNES and a miniature Gundam-X03 model (both presents for a friend). Then we went to the Gundam Cafe in Akihabara for lunch. Was tempted to ask the staff if they'd seen a grumpy guy with a long brown braid storm out muttering about coffee but figured they probably get that all the time...
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Tyrfillich wrote:In the Square-Enix shop everything was Dragon Quest. :( we found some Chocobo plushies (Chocobo Tales of course; the ones they had were White Mage, Black Mage and Storybook) as well as a Tonberry plushie (mine!). There was some Chrono Trigger action dioramas as well, but the kind where they don't specify which one is on the box, so it's a bit of grab-bag. Was hoping for Chrono and Marle sitting under a tree; got Chrono fighting Magus and Chrono and Frog. Oh well, they still look nifty. Asked the clerk if they had any Seiken Densetsu swag - only thing they had was the soundtrack for LoM; which I already own. Sadly declined.

Aw, that's sad. I never got to go to the store cause it only opened (maybe still works that way?) on certain days and my timing wasn't perfect. But at the time the online photo of the place showed piles of Rabites. I woulda loved to get in there and seen if they had that still. Sad to hear they don't.