Secret of Mana Character Names

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

RevRFish
Pumpkin Bomb

Secret of Mana Character Names

Post by RevRFish »

Does anyone universally agree on names for the main heroes of Secret of Mana? I know in the Japanese version of the game they were given names, but in the original American release back in the day they were not given names. Personally I refuse[/i] to recognize Randi, Purim, and Popoie. Besides them seeming like ridiculous names, Square doesn't seem to take the fans of this particular game very seriously, so [CENSORED] them and their wishes. :P

If you don't recognize the names, what names do you recognize the characters by? I recognize them as Mike, Sprite, and Fawn (thank you Mana Theater).
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Re: Secret of Mana Character Names

Post by DeadWolf »

I don't have a set of names. Depends on what I'm in the mood for. Usually what I'm reading or a recent movie will influence it.

Though thanks to Stan Burdman's review I'll always think of Randi as Bich: The Gay Rambo.
Argus_Faraday
Rabite

Post by Argus_Faraday »

I usually use names from mythology, folklore, or that I really like the phoentic sound of and sound nice to me.

SoM:

boy: Ashura, Akira

girl: Jenna, Freya

sprite: Emi, Emilia

Seiken Densetsu 3

Hawkeye: "Shadow"
Angela: "Yumi" or "Mina"
Charolotte/Charlie: "Emi" or "Emelia"
Duran: "Ashura"
Leese/Reise: "Freya"
Kevin: "Gareth"
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I guess technically Purim is and always has been wrong. She's Primm in the iPhone version, and I looked through all my Japanese SoM stuff and they never actually wrote the name in English.

Anyway, since I was little I've always used the same names for the SoM characters.
Guy was Jeff cause that was my favorite name when I was little for some reason, always wanted it to be my name.
Girl was Ali because Alisson wouldn't fit. Dunno why I tried to spell it with two s's but I did.
Sprite was Quin spelled with only one n cause I had no idea how it was actually spelled.

A bunch of my friends from when I was young always tell me they thought the names I gave the characters were the official names, is kinda funny to break the news to them that I just made them up.

In FFA and LoM I chose Jeff for the guy too, in FFA the girl was Girl because I guess I was feeling unoriginal, and I think I once made the girl in LoM Riesz. As far as SD3 goes I just leave the names alone.