Kenji Ito almost scored Secret of Mana!

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

bastian
Weepy Eye

Kenji Ito almost scored Secret of Mana!

Post by bastian »

"Kenji Ito was the composer on Romancing SaGa. His original intention had been to create the score for the following game in the company's pipeline, Seiken Densetsu 2. However, realizing that this was an unrealistic goal, it was decided that the project would be assigned to the newest recruit, and Kikuta was given the task of composing his first videogame soundtrack."

http://squarehaven.com/news/2007/06/16/ ... -Regained/

Wow. I really don't think Secret of Mana would have been the same with Ito's music. Part of what I loved so much about Secret of Mana was it's prog-rock/jazz fusion style. Trying to imagine Secret of Mana with Ito's music is... strange. Also, I wonder what would have happened with Kikuta? What game would he have been given to score instead?
Kassidy
Site Admin

Re: Kenji Ito almost scored Secret of Mana!

Post by Kassidy »

SoM with Ito: Rising Sun wherever it fit.
/cynic
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: Kenji Ito almost scored Secret of Mana!

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Wow, interesting find bastian, I didn't know that.
I wonder if just Rising Sun would have been used or if he'd have ended reusing some other tracks as well. Personally I think Endless Battlefield would be a great addition to any game. Ever. XD

But yeah, their styles are so different and SoM music is so ingrained in my mind I don't think I can even imagine what it'd be like. Definitely wouldn't have the same atmosphere. I really should look into what his SNES music sounds like cause I've never listened to any of that before.