Seiken Densetsu 5

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

gamekrazzy
Iffish

Seiken Densetsu 5

Post by gamekrazzy »

Remember that fan anime project I wanted to do a while ago, turns out I can't, as I no longer have flash. I no longer have my pc, so I can't make animations. Anyways that's not why this is up.

Because no one can be too sure of seiken densetsu 5 being a new release from Square, I have some brilliant story ideas for a tie in between Seiken Densetsu 2 and Seiken Densetsu 3, thus what I believe 5 to be.

This idea has been floating around in my head for a while now, and as of the moment I know the main idea.

Intro

"You have probably heard of the story of mana, the mana tree, the mana goddess, and the mana sword. But the story you are about to hear is not that classic tale. As Mana grows stronger and stronger in the world, mankind continues to try to harness it's power. Wendel and Beast Kingdom have been at war for many years over a long but still hated difference, and both were seeking the upperhand. Seeking control of the power of mana, believing that it would help, the holy city Wendel built a massive fortress in the Eastern Sea. This massive fortress came to be known as the Mana Fortress.

The story of the mana fortress though does not begin in Wendel. It's beginnings lie in the existance of a child who has had a series of unfortunate events...

Prologue

"The main character 'Kent' (There is a name option), age 15, had lost his parents at a young age due to a illness unknown to mankind, and was raised by a knight of Forcena ever since. When the knight, 'Luke', had died by the axe of a kidgoblin as he was patroling the outskirts of Forcena, Kent decides he does not want to live within Forcena and wants to see the world. (The knight had taught him a few tricks with the sword before hand of course). And so he sets out on his journey to find a lone puppy being attacked by bats."

(Gameplay)

*This is where the game starts, and Kent saves the puppy from the bats. "I need to get you to a vet." is what he says. The screen fades and Kent is at the vet with the puppy. The vet says that he has an antidote that will help the puppy for a short while, but Kent needs to go get an elixer in Wendel to fully heal the puppy. (The puppy is a good helper in the game, but dies in wendel due to strange reasons...

"Growl"
"Whats wrong boy?"

Just before the puppy could attack Kent, an arrow pierces through the his skin.

A chobin hood had shot the puppy. "The dog was about to attack you... Creatures arn't as friendly around these parts for some reason."

"...umm... ok..."

"What's your name?"

"Kent."

"Kent? Treant told me that a boy named Kent and a dog would be somewhere around here and I was to bring the boy to him."

"Treant...?"

"Guardian of the forest in the flesh... or should I say bark?"

to be continued....

Do you see where this is going? Please comment and tell me what you think below.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Re: Seiken Densetsu 5

Post by Abdul_Moti »

At first, my sympathies upon you due to the misfortunes happened, such loss is quite great if you have some unforgotten memories back then.

As for story, I found it quite interesting. Since you have no 'visualizer' as of now, you may wish to put ideas here, maybe we can aid you to make this a.. novel or sort.
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

yeah that sounds nice. although I am not much of a novalist. I am just trying to tie in stories so that MAYBE in the future it could be used for a game. If I ever get RPGmaker or something I will probably try to turn it into a game. :D but I will post some ideas here for sure...

(continuation of story)

Kent travels to see treant, following the chobin hood, fighting rabites and mushbooms along the way.

When Kent enters Treant's lair Treant speaks, "Kent... I have forseen a great evil aproaching this land..."

"AAAAAAaaaaah! A talking tree!" Kent replied.

"In the shadows haunting me I have seen many, and I have seen how the world will need your help."

"My help...?"

"Mana is overflowing, and if it becomes too powerful it will destroy the world."

"Wow, that's deep... What can I do? I'm just a..."

"You must seal the power of mana in 8 seals, one for each element. These seals lie in temples scattered around the world, in fact one seal lies here in Wendel. I am sure the high priest will help you."

"How do I seal the power of mana within these seals?"

"I do not know, but I am sure the goddess of mana will provide an answer..."

*Kent then continues towards The City Wendel.

to be continued...
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Does the story go SD2 to SD3, or SD3 to SD2? Sorry I can't really tell right now, though I assume it's SD3 to SD2 since they build the Mana Fortress in Wendel. Are you gonna explain the underground city too? The Mana Fortress and Underground City are super advanced, need to find a way to explain that if you're going that direction.

Is Kent the only character? How come he has gotten chosen?

What are your plans for further on in the story?

Keep posting stuff. :)
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

plans for this... well to be honest, for the most part I am making it up as I go along. I figure that the best way to answer questions is to not answer them, but rather have the answer just come out in the middle of the plotline.... I might have to rewrite this in a script format and then post parts of it at a time... I do have a few things I want to change in the beginning stuff here.