SD5:Kent (WIP)

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

gamekrazzy
Iffish

SD5:Kent (WIP)

Post by gamekrazzy »

Sup Seikens! Here is the first of my WIP Seiken Densetsu 5 project updates! I have just finished quite a bit of Kent's spritesheet, I even included a picture of him in it! I bet you cannot guess what sprites I used as a base for Kent either. :D That is because I did alot of editing on this guy. I hope you like it.
Check it out on deviantart.com
Background
Kent is the main character of Seiken Densetsu 5, a fangame I plan on making. The fangame takes place about 20 years after Seiken Densetsu 3 and hundreds of years before Seiken Densetsu 2. Wendel and the Beast Kingdom are at war, and Kent's parents die while Kent is just a toddler. Kent is cared for by his uncle which happens to be a knight for the Kingdom of Forcena. His uncle teaches him the way of the sword, and when he is 15, his uncle just disappears, and is believed to be dead. Kent does not believe his uncle is dead, and sets out to find his guardian who had cared for him all those years.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: SD5:Kent (WIP)

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Something about the hair in the sprite seems off here again. I'll have to try to find a good hair tutorial from the pixeling sites I read from time to time, it's a really tough thing to do perfect. Basically though you should break it down into larger "chunks" of hair and animate them instead of trying to have it be one big mass of hair.

I like the colors on the suit, the guy reminds me of kevin mixed with duran. What other edits are you thinking of doing?
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Re: SD5:Kent (WIP)

Post by gamekrazzy »

Sheexy wrote:Something about the hair in the sprite seems off here again. I'll have to try to find a good hair tutorial from the pixeling sites I read from time to time, it's a really tough thing to do perfect.
yeah, I noticed the issue as well, but it isn't the fact that it is one piece, because I separated with the shading on that, the issue is the direction of the hair, it doesn't follow the motion so when animated it doesn't go with the body but against it. I noticed this problem after making the sprite, but the have not fixed it yet.
Sheexy wrote:I like the colors on the suit, the guy reminds me of kevin mixed with duran. What other edits are you thinking of doing?
that is a funny mix sheexy, I actually used the hero from Sword of Mana as a base on this, うはwwwwww I always named him Max, and the girl Lisa. As far as other edits, I am not to sure, I cannot seem to find any really good sprites to use, and character development is still going on in my head, heck I am still a bit confused about how this story is going to work, because of how the names of places change, but yet come back during CoM and DoM, and supposedly in my timeline SoM is before CoM but after SD3. うはwwwwww.