Bad news for mana fans...

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

coqui
Polter Chair

Bad news for mana fans...

Post by coqui »

Square Enix CEO Fields Shareholder Questions

Q: Are there plans to release a new Mana game?
A: Wada said that Square Enix will be doing ports of Mana and Saga titles, but there are no plans at present to release a completely new entries/series.

andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/22/wada_s ... questions/
Last edited by coqui on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Re: Bad new for mana fans...

Post by bastian »

Gah, you beat me to the punch. I had just read this and was coming over here to post about it.

I don't think this is bad news. I think it's great news. Of course after the epic fail that was World of Mana they will want to be careful. Some ports (SD3 finally?) first to make sure the "interest" is still there (by which I mean purchases) is logical. If the ports generate enough money, of course we will see a new game.

I expect that the first port will be of the SoM remake to Wii or 3DS. Which has me excited because I found it so frustrating on the iPhone that I've stopped playing it. I do not enjoy touchscreen-only for a directional pad. Looking forward to playing this on the Wii or 3DS! Hopefully with some added features! :D
RemiCorps
Lullabud

Post by RemiCorps »

I -was- wondering how SoM handled on those phones. Anyone else having problems with it?
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

RemiCorps wrote:I -was- wondering how SoM handled on those phones. Anyone else having problems with it?
I've never had any problems out of it. But it is a little difficult to get use to the controls. There should be an HD version for the iPad. It would make it easier to play.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Yeah, it probably WOULD be a lot easier to play on the iPad as my two thumbs cover like a third of the screen on the iPhone.

I got about a third through the game hoping to god I would just eventually get used to the touch screen... nope. Still have MASSIVE trouble with simple things like walking up to Moti or Neeko to buy stuff. Or lining up attacks. So I gave up. :P
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

This is not bad news, though not good either. I know we all wanted to see a new game kinda, but to say that ports will be made. I can definately see Seiken Densetsu 3 in the future now... :P

Another thought. you know... A top-down 3D game for 3DS would not be that bad for SD3 or SoM, I mean as long as it keeps it's roots they would probably be pretty successful. (heck, it doesn't even have to be top-down). The only thing is, nothing like that would be looked into as I am pretty sure Square doesn't want to have to much funds to make a game that is not hardly heard of anymore. So... we will probably end up with a SD3 remake... simply put... maybe better sprites?
Tomoji
Evil Sword

Post by Tomoji »

not really bad news ;v;
but kinda disappointed there isn't a new mana game being made soon ;A;
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

"marketing strategy : observing market's response"

seems like that for me.
after it achieves their desired response, they shall willing to make new sequel.
I only hope they did not set that 'desired response' too high like as if they would expect from FF series, that would be very immensely insane mistake.
Last edited by Abdul_Moti on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.