Favorite American music

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Krow
Mushboom

Post by Krow »

I have to say even tho I listen to alot of foreign music Im also really into american music even tho thats kinda not surprising due to me living in Fl,USA of course うはwwwwww.

Fav Rock Band:

LinkinPark:As you have seen before I like using wikipedia but instead of just pasting it all here ill just give the link :p http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linkin_Park . Well anyways this is my favorite rock band because well I can relate to their music alot that and its something that me and my brother used to listen to alot when I was younger.

Fav Pop Band: yep I listen to a bit of pop うはwwwwww and I would have to say Akon is something I fancy right now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akon . I like Akon mostly due to the beats but if you actually listen to the lyrics instead of going "Oh My Gosh! WHAT IS THIS CRAP" than you'll notice it is not all that bad.

Fav Rap: I would have to say Kottonmouth Kings http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kottonmouth_Kings they have been around awhile now but alot of people dont like them due to their song topics うはwwwwww.

ill continue the list if this fancys anyones interests.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

I listen to a LOT of music...since I don't try to restrain myself to just certain genres. Generally Im usually listening to 3 genres.

For the most part, I listen to a lot of classic rock and metal (Led Zepplin, Judas Priest, The Scorpions, Foreigner, etc)

I also like a bit of classical music. My favorite piece was The Inferno: From the Divine Comedy by Robert W. Smith.

Lately, I've been getting into Blues, my favorite so far is Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Buddy Guy.

Along with those, I tend to enjoy everything else (Except for country because it drives me nuts)
BlueGenomes
Tomato Man

Post by BlueGenomes »

I've been getting really into Dub/experimental/trip hop lately, all thanks to this great band called DeFacto, which I suggest everyone find, sample, and listen to, because they rock.

I also have been getting into At the Drive in (although they broke up), and have always liked the Mars Volta (post-ATDI)...okay, so DeFacto is literally the same band as Mars Volta too, except they just do Dub instead of rock.

Huge Modest Mouse fan, but not really happy with their newer music, and I'm a little scared of what their next CD will sound like. But I really dig their older stuff. Oh, and Ugly Cassanova is pretty good too.

Kinda into some indie bands like the decemberists, and the Eels (Don't know if they're considered indie or not though).

Also love classic Punk music, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, The Clash, and starting to get into the Ramones. I still have yet to hear Dresdan Dolls, and a few other things though.

Does this have to just be American music though? *Notes that Duran mentions Led Zeppelin, which is a Brit band* :P

But Led Zeppelin rocks my whole damn world when it comes toclassic rock. Same with a bunch of other Britbands.