Hello there

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
Lucent 108
Rabite

Hello there

Post by Lucent 108 »

I'm Lucent 108.

I found this site quite some time ago, I don't remember how or when. I checked the board a bit, seemed interesting...thought I'd finally join! :)

First of all...my name. You might have guessed, but I got the Lucent part from Secret of Mana (Lumina's Lucent Beam), I didn't know what it meant back then, but I thought it sounded cool. I even made a character named Lucent, but I've never done anything with her, maybe some day, I'll put her in a game or something. 108 is from Suikoden. I just love the number. One hundred...and eight. I know it has some deeper meaning, but I just like the number.

Secondly...hmm...I never played much of the Mana series, but I loved what I played. Secret of Mana was one of my favorite games back when I was little, and Legend of Mana was the one of the most unique games I've ever played. The music is incredible too. (I've been listening to several songs from that game as I've been creating my account, making this post, and even making my avatar and signature)

I really like to draw and make characters and worlds for my own game ideas. One of my inspirations are the bright and colorful worlds of the Mana games.

As for my avatar...why Pearl? Well, first of all, she's totally adorable. Second of all, my first 100 hours of experience with Legend of Mana was as Player 2, meaning I was the "NPCs" which I didn't mind because I loved them all. It did mean that I was "stuck" playing as Pearl, but I didn't really mind. Sure, she couldn't do anything, but she was adorable at NOT doing anything. And I believe once I was the only one left and I managed to dodge with Pearl long enough for the other player to revive, that was pretty cool. It's sort of interesting in a way playing as a "damsel in distress" that can't really fight. And it goes to show that even a "damsel in distress" can still dodge, and still help the fight somehow. Plus...
Spoiler: show
it was SOOOO satisfying to get to finally change to Lady Blackpearl and kick some major butt. And then you can just put her in your party whenever you want. It makes all the enduring worth it.
So yeah, I'm here. And I think I'll be staying a while.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Re: Hello there

Post by DeadWolf »

Lucent 108 wrote:108 is from Suikoden. I just love the number. One hundred...and eight. I know it has some deeper meaning, but I just like the number.
So it's not a reference to the Valenzetti Equation?

Welcome to the Seikens.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Welcome on board.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Welcome newbie!

As your initiation, you must present the member known as "Duran" with an offering of a roast rabite. Doing so will earn you a COOKIE!
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Hi Lucent! Welcome to Seikens :D

I wish Squeenix & Sony would hurry up and add LoM to the European PSN shop so I can replay it too.
Lucent 108
Rabite

Post by Lucent 108 »

Thanks for the welcomes! :-)
DeadWolf wrote:So it's not a reference to the Valenzetti Equation?
I looked that up, and it seems like that's from Lost, I never watched it.
Duran wrote:As your initiation, you must present the member known as "Duran" with an offering of a roast rabite. Doing so will earn you a COOKIE!
But Rabite's are so cute! Besides...whenever a Rabite gets near fire, they usually turn into candy. How do you roast a Rabite without it turning into Candy? Wouldn't you rather have a nice juicy Whalamato? Or how about a sweet and sour Honey Onion?
Kimiko wrote:I wish Squeenix & Sony would hurry up and add LoM to the European PSN shop so I can replay it too.
Yeah! The more people that (re)play that game the better!
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Lucent 108 wrote:
Duran wrote:As your initiation, you must present the member known as "Duran" with an offering of a roast rabite. Doing so will earn you a COOKIE!
But Rabite's are so cute! Besides...whenever a Rabite gets near fire, they usually turn into candy. How do you roast a Rabite without it turning into Candy? Wouldn't you rather have a nice juicy Whalamato? Or how about a sweet and sour Honey Onion?
Nope, rabites only. ;)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey Lucent, welcome to the site!

First time I played LoM I was the NPC character too, we ended up doing the dragon storyline so I could actually control a character that fights the majority of the time. XD
It was pretty hilarious when I got stuck with pearl and was like, this isn't gonna work. That's a funny story about surviving. XD

Hope you like it here!
Lucent 108
Rabite

Post by Lucent 108 »

Duran wrote:Nope, rabites only. ;)
Sorry...still just getting candy... T_T
Sheexy wrote:Hey Lucent, welcome to the site!

First time I played LoM I was the NPC character too, we ended up doing the dragon storyline so I could actually control a character that fights the majority of the time. XD
It was pretty hilarious when I got stuck with pearl and was like, this isn't gonna work. That's a funny story about surviving. XD

Hope you like it here!
Thanks for the welcome. It's funny that you mention that because looking back, the only of the 3 arcs we didn't finish the first time was the Jumi one. Had to look at a strategy guide to figure it out or something. I still ended up playing as Pearl a lot though.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

welcome aboard on board, comrade. I be Abdul_Moti, some address me as Abdul while others called me Moti.
Have your hearty stay here.
Lucent108 wrote:Sorry...still just getting candy... T_T
you may want to catch another beast egg.. :-)

as for the arcs, I 'found' the Jumi one after 3 years of playing (back then I relied not to walkthrough, so..)
the (for me) most heart touching arc among three, which made me having T_T as well (Yoko Shimomura knows how to captivate the mellow fellow like me ^-^; )

very well, I am to return to :X for I have some keen topics to oversee out there..
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Lucent 108 wrote:
Duran wrote:Nope, rabites only. ;)
Sorry...still just getting candy... T_T
BLASPHEMY!!!

*noms on Sheexy's arm!*
Lucent 108
Rabite

Post by Lucent 108 »

Abdul_Moti wrote:welcome aboard on board, comrade. I be Abdul_Moti, some address me as Abdul while others called me Moti.
Have your hearty stay here.

you may want to catch another beast egg.. :-)

as for the arcs, I 'found' the Jumi one after 3 years of playing (back then I relied not to walkthrough, so..)
the (for me) most heart touching arc among three, which made me having T_T as well (Yoko Shimomura knows how to captivate the mellow fellow like me ^-^; )

very well, I am to return to :X for I have some keen topics to oversee out there..
Thanks for the welcome. The Jumi arc was pretty touching, wasn't it? I think that was part of the point though! It's good that it made you T_T , it made me T_T too.
Duran wrote: BLASPHEMY!!!

*noms on Sheexy's arm!*
No~! Don't eat Sheexy!

Hmm...maybe, maybe Neko has something...

Okay! It was pricey, but I got it.
-_-
It's...rare...
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

WOOO Rabite!

Here, have a cookie.
Lucent 108
Rabite

Post by Lucent 108 »

Well, chocolate chip cookies are yummy...

Ever consider a diet of chocolate chip cookies instead of roast rabite?
15thlemur
Rabite

Post by 15thlemur »

Legend of Mana was one of the first games i ever played and i played it when i was like 4 :P. I was always the NPC as well playing with my older sister as well. But i did eventually get my own account and i named my character Isaac5 since i was 5 at the time and when i turned 6 i was disappointed. I beat the game at about level 40 and then the disc froze... I played through the final boss again but still it froze. I still count it as beating the game but i wish i could of scene the ending cut scene. As of now i am doing a walk though with narration of the game on youtube. The reason i replied to you was cause of our similar memories of playing the game as the NPC.