Gone for a bit

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Gone for a bit

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey everybody, I'm gonna be gone for a few days or so because I'm moving to another state tomorrow.

Going from Texas to Nebraska so I can start my graduate career at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Going to be working on a Ph.D. in Quantitative, Qualitative and Psychometric methods. I'll be a Psychometrician, doesn't that sound neat? This is my first time to move more than 30 minutes away from the town I've lived in my entire life, so this will be a new experience for me, especially considering winters actually get cold up in Nebraska. I'll probably freeze to death, but it's ok. I worked real hard for my undergraduate degree and it's paid off and I'm getting a nice fellowship that pays for all of my tuition and some other stuff too, got a good feeling about all of this.

So anyway, I'll see y'all when I get all moved in up there!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Re: Gone for a bit

Post by Kassidy »

Keep up the good work, and get your butt back online quickly, ya hear? No slacking! ;)
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Wow, Sheexy will no longer be a Texan but a Nebraskan.. Cool 8)

Psychometry, eh? I used to be very good at all the Statistics & Methods courses in the first two years (got scores of 9 or 10 without studying), back when I studied Psychology. Then I took one course in the third year (item response theory I think it was), and suddenly it was like Mathematics (you know, Calculus and Algebra and that kind of icky stuff) back when I studied Computer Science (i.e. my brain turns off because it's just too hard/boring). That was a sad day -_-
I hope you'll do much better, but since you already have an MA degree, that's a safe bet.

Watch out for goblins in those Nebraskan woods, or sahagins in winter.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I'm settled in now I suppose, school starts tomorrow hope I'm ready. XD

Actually I don't have an MA yet, but I'll be picking one up as part of the program, I didn't know you studied Psychology Kimiko, that's pretty neat. It's a real fun field but I'm glad I wound up liking the more empirical side of things in the field more. XD

But yeah, I'm in Nebraska now this is gonna be interesting.
Beautiful place here that's for sure, It's so green and it actually rains. In Texas right now everything is brown and dead because we're in a terrible drought back home. Nice to see all this lush vegetation, wish I could take it all back home. ^_^