Re:Birth Youtube Link

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

nick912012
Pebbler

Re:Birth Youtube Link

Post by nick912012 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZOLU-Xf ... sults_main

Someone I guess uploaded the entire soundtrack, so there it is if you haven't checked it out.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Re: Re:Birth Youtube Link

Post by Kassidy »

Was rather disappointed by it, TBH. May do a review in a few days.
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

Yeah... I feel ya. I was really shocked with what he did with In Search of the Sacred Sword.

About the only tracks I liked are Mana Palace, Infant of Mana, and Legend Forever.

The rest I were really disappointing to me.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Shoulda renamed it "In Search of the Dubstep Sword"
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I'll do a play by play as I listen through, why not.

I kinda like this version of Rising Sun, but this song has been done to death. It's a little bit slower and less dramatic feeling to me here though, I like it. Well until the sparkley sounds cut in, I didn't like those. But it sounds like he mixed In Sorrow into the middle part of it which is kinda neat, it's just barely there at 2 min.

In Search of the Holy Sword... I just don't even know. I don't like this. It's not the worst thing ever, but it reminds me of a remixer trying too hard. I had to stop listening to this one for now.

Mission of Mana has vocals woo. It's really similar to both Mission on the arranged SD album and to Rainy Tears from SwoM. Kind of the two ideas mixed together. It's pretty nice. I actually really like it because Mission is so awesome on the arranged album, when the strings come in is pretty cool. Though the track gets kinda stale after about 2:30 or so, but I think it picks back up with the percussion. Ending is weird though.

Mana Palace starts off really different than I was expecting. Very different direction... it's not bad but it's not what I like about the track. I have a hard time linking it back to the original. The original to me was a very sobering track that made me feel like I've gone somewhere no one has in forever and someplace no one should go (except elephants and ninjas of course but that goes without say). It's pretty neat though, maybe a bit long without anything changing though.

Infant of Mana is pretty neat, definitely gives me the crazy "what the heck" I got from the battle in the game... it's a bit slow until around 50 seconds or so. I can't decide if this one is trying to be rock or techno. Kind of boring though.

The Fool's Dance... this is one of my favorite tracks... so far the beginning is not good.
Oh the vocals.
That is terrible.
I will not listen to this track again if I can help it. This is really disappointing to me, it's missing half of what made the track and the vocals are grating. Even the clapping sounds like it doesn't care.
Now I'm all sad.
Then at 2 minutes the track just gives up, like I have.
2:40 sounds decent compared to the rest of it, but it's not even part of the original track, so I guess there was nothing this part could destroy.
3:28 sounds not bad. I would have liked the track if it was like this and no vocals. Oh sparkles came and brought the vocals are back.
Just sad sad sad now.
Ok it's over. Never again.

Touched by Courage and Pride sounds pretty welcome after the last one. I think I am gonna enjoy this one.
Yes I like this one a lot. The strings are awesome.
Oh at 1:30 it changes things up, I like this too. Kind of a calm in the storm I think, though this is a really calm version of the track as a whole. But it's nice, I really like this one.

Oh now we move onto Final Battle and it's kinda Jazzy feeling to me. Very slow.
It's not terrible but it's not that nice. There really isn't much to say about this besides it's very slow. And it's kinda hard to actually hear the original in it to me. Skipping after the middle half of this one...

Oh Endless Dream, I love the original of this one. Doesn't seem too different.
Oh neat vocals, and they sound pretty good!
It's one of my favorite tracks and I really like this version of it, I always thought it would be good with lyrics.
This one gets an A++ from me.

Legend Forever time. Another one of my favorites, let's see how this goes.
This one is very slow. It's good music but too slow for me.

I guess I'm glad the album came out because of the Endless Dream track... but at what cost... The Fool's Dance was appalling and so was In Search for the Holy Sword...
I'm torn on this one.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hmmm,

I got to this thread from the main page MMM of "The Endless Dream." I'm not so sure how I feel about it. It's playing right now. I don't really think this song works--or any Mana music really works--with shmaltzy Japanese pop voices. Maybe that's my bias, but I feel like the music always had that epic western fantasy feel and this song sounds straight from an anime about a flying ferret or something.

Honestly, I'm not sure what a flying ferret has to do with anything--it just sounded like a fun thing to write.

Happy Halloween,

manaman
Siren
Rabite

Post by Siren »

I actually enjoyed the whole album, except for In Search of the Sacred Sword. Which I'm not too fond of Dubstep/Techno-like songs so that's pretty much my reason for not liking it. I think my favourite would have to be Mana's Mission.
The Fool's Dance... this is one of my favorite tracks... so far the beginning is not good.
Oh the vocals.
That is terrible.
Oh? I certainly found that the vocals were pretty good. It gave the song a bit more of a festive feeling to it.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

looking forward to listen it, and give my very opinion, if i am allowed to.. may i?
as of now, the Endless Dream is quite an indulgence for me lately, if i may say.
my advice is not to get succumbed with it like i do, especially when you are..
unable to make things positive like i am..

(mumble)
it's rainy season around here, Jinn is happy to bring some clouds to smite Gnome like a dear.
under the clouds, Shade flirts Lumina for not having her light to touch his vicious darkness.
as the hail commence, Salamander lost his temper against Undine while she tempts like ace.
bathed with such blessing, Dryad thanked Luna for the pleasant present she is now giving.
(/mumble)

very well then, i be observing again. :X
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

On the subject of Ito and "Re:Birth" albums, Squeenix is releasing a second Re:Birth album by Ito for Romancing Saga

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/ ... a_rebirth/