Children of Mana - Section Corrections

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Zerrin
Lullabud

Children of Mana - Section Corrections

Post by Zerrin »

"Stuff wrong? On teh Seikens!/ OH NOES!!!" Well, fear not, good netizens, for I, Zerrin, am here to remedy it all! ...Or at least what I've found so far.

Really, it's nothing major. Just some things I've noticed in the weapon tables. To wit:

[*]The attack stat of the Light Flail is 53, not 49.
[*]Description for the Meteor Flail: "A flail made of metals from a meteor."
[*]Description for the Dwarven Maul: "A hammer favo(u)red by metalworkers."
[*]In the characters section, shouldn't Wanderer be a "member of the Niccolo tribe"? This ia an English site, after all.

...And I think that's it for now. I'll update if I find anything else.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Re: Children of Mana - Section Corrections

Post by Kassidy »

Zerrin wrote:[*]The attack stat of the Light Flail is 53, not 49.
Confirmed and corrected. Must have made a note of that when I started writing the FAQ against the JP version of the game and had a modifier gem in my table.
[*]Description for the Meteor Flail: "A flail made of metals from a meteor."
Confirmed and added.
[*]Description for the Dwarven Maul: "A hammer favo(u)red by metalworkers."
Confirmed and added.
[*]In the characters section, shouldn't Wanderer be a "member of the Niccolo tribe"? This ia an English site, after all.
Another byproduct of me starting to write the FAQ against the JP version of the game.

Thanks for the contribution. Let me know if you spot anything else. We've had a number of data migrations, so some things have gotten mangled/lost along the way, others we just haven't gotten round to addressing.
Zerrin
Lullabud

Re: Children of Mana - Section Corrections

Post by Zerrin »

Got some more for ya!

Firstly, Wanderer's rewards for the Tess' Whereabouts and Rainbow Garden sidequests are the Elemental Gloves and Dwarven Maul, respectively.

And secondly, I've got a transcript for the conversation between Wanderer and Millionaire that begins the quest for Wanderer's exclusive gem. I thought it preferable to a summary so that no information would be lost. [ahem]

Wanderer: Millionaire, do you have a moment?
Millionaire: Why, it's Wanderer! What can I do for you?
Wanderer: Have you ever seen this before? [shows harmonica]
Millionaire: Why, it's a harmonica!
Wanderer: The shadows of Sophie and Danny dropped it at the ruins.
Millionaire: Sophie? Oh, yes… That widow who took you in.
Wanderer: That's right. I gave my harmonica to Danny as a present
Millionaire: A present?
Wanderer: One day twelve years ago… I was playing that harmonica when a boy suddenly approached me. He asked me what instrument it was. And that's how I met him and his widowed mother.
Millionaire: I see…
Wanderer: I never stayed in one place for long, but they treated me like family. I only planned to stay for a few days, but one week became three and the months stretched on. Before long I felt like I wanted to stay with them forever.
Millionaire: Yes, I remember. You sent me a latter asking for help in starting your own shop.
Wanderer: I was unwavering in my dedication. So I worked like I'd never worked before so I'd have a business of my own. But I couldn't amass enough cash, so I asked you for help.
Millionaire: When I saw your letter, I couldn't believe it. I never thought you would want to settle down anywhere.
Wanderer: I could hardly believe it either. All the other niccolos always made fun of me. But I knew then that I was one, too.
Millionaire: So that's how it happened.
Wanderer: But I lost it all. Shop and family.
Millionaire: Ten years ago, right?
Wanderer: Yes. They didm't survive the destruction. And the house burnt to ashes.
Millionaire: I see…
Wanderer: He was only seven. Too young to die…
Millionaire: Terrible!
Wanderer: It all came back at the ruins, when I heard their voices and the sound of my old harmonica. It's something I wish I could forget.
Millionaire: Are you sure that's what you want?
Wanderer: Hm?
Millionaire: Those are precious memories, aren't they?
Wanderer: Well, yes… But it hurts to remember.
Millionaire: It's not all painful, is it?
Wanderer: Well…
Millionaire: Whether good or bad… they're all precious memories of your family, right?
Wanderer: I…
Millionaire: Don't forget them. No, you should hold them close. Those memories are lifelong treasures.
Wanderer: I…I know. [takes back the harmonica, turns around] Hm?
Millionaire: What's the matter?
Wanderer: "We're waiting in Wendel."
Millionaire: What!?
Wanderer: I think I just heard Sophie and Danny call to me. They said they're waiting for me in Wendel!
Millionaire: You heard them? Then you should head to Wendel and see. It's not healthy to suppress your feelings, you know. [Player choice appears]
Wanderer: You're right! I'm going to Wendel.
Millionaire: Better sooner than later, Wanderer!
Wanderer: You're right.