Youngest Seiken Player

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Khyron
Iffish

Youngest Seiken Player

Post by Khyron »

So I introduced my 5 year old daughter to Secret of Mana today. Though she needed some help with the first boss she LOVES to kill Rabites, hack the grass and eat candy. Just wondering who the youngest player to complete a Mana game might be?
coqui
Polter Chair

Re: Youngest Seiken Player

Post by coqui »

My nephew loved the game too when he was little. The "rabbit game" as he called it. Now he is into CoD. -_-
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

CoD will have to wait until my kids get much older. Today it was Tetris Attack, followed by Super Mario All-stars (the Lost Levels is BRUTAL) and finally Mana. Mana was by far her favorite.
coqui
Polter Chair

Post by coqui »

You could get her Children of Mana. She probably has a DS.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

I was... eh.. 10 or 12 when playing Secret of Mana. I don't personally know anyone younger. Congratz! :-D
My kids will be young when touching a Mana game, expecting the first one to be born in December this year, haha. I will make a picture of them holding the controller as a 2 month old baby playing SoM hahahaha.

Get them to known with the Mana-series, Final Fantasy and Mario alone is nog enough.. :-D
coqui
Polter Chair

Post by coqui »

:) :) :) :) :)
Congratulations
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Kyatto,

Yeah, a 2 month old Rabite Slayer is a pretty cool thing. If you're having a boy will his name be Dyluck?
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Dyluck? I will if i'm able to change my village name into "kippo village" :-D
Just be carefull with videogames and kids. Remember that the best games ever are still outdoors.

Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

We're on our way to the Upper Land! While doing some leveling-up at the Underground Palace my daughter discovered the joys of the boomerang. Up until then she took the ultra aggressive, fight right on top of the enemies approach. Now she's letting the boomerang do the work for her. What impresses me most is that she's also learning to navigate the ring menu with minimal assistance.
No need to worry, I limit our father-daughter Mana time to no more than 45 minutes a day :love:
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I started the game when I was six, but I was too young to understand leveling so I couldn't get past the Fire Gigas cause it just blew me apart each time.
I tried all kinds of stupid strategies to beat him, like using barrels to get through the goblins and stuff.

Never worked. XD

That said, I have no idea how I beat the Spikey Tiger to actually get to that point, haha.
viewtifulzfo
Rabite

Post by viewtifulzfo »

I played the entire game as the Sprite with my brother and father when I was 5-6 years old.

I suppose that would make me the youngest, but I had help, so maybe not.
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

viewtifulzfo wrote:I played the entire game as the Sprite with my brother and father when I was 5-6 years old.

I suppose that would make me the youngest, but I had help, so maybe not.
Yep, same age as my daughter. We always play together so she's definitely not going at it alone. Maybe after one play through we'll see how she does flying solo.
Sniffle, sniffle... They grow up so fast -_-;
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Just be careful with young kids when it comes to saving games, haha.

When I was six I remember playing on my Aunt's file and she was at the endgame so she had Flammie and everything. It absolutely blew my mind when I accidentally called him and was suddenly flying around the world (I couldn't even figure out how to land at the time, haha).

My sister ended up saving over my Aunt's save file, and the awesome flying around the world dragon was lost to me until I was able to beat Fire Gigas and proceed with the story. I remember a couple years later searching online for Mana sites in order to see if anyone knew how to restore a lost save game. Ended up at the Secret of Mana Knowledgebase which used to be around. Eventually it disappeared and I found Mana Tree hosted by RagNaroK, then it teamed up with Mana World by Deques and eventually became the Seikens we have here.
Sene
Mushboom

Post by Sene »

I was about six when I first beat the game too (back in 95-96). And I remember every moment =)
Khyron
Iffish

Post by Khyron »

Sene wrote:I was about six when I first beat the game too (back in 95-96). And I remember every moment =)
It's a testament to just how great SoM is that a 6 year old can enjoy it just as much as a 36 year old. That magic is what's missing from modern Square games.