Scan Request for LoM CCG (Hey Sheexy!)

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

manaman
Spikey Tiger

Scan Request for LoM CCG (Hey Sheexy!)

Post by manaman »

Hey all (but probably most likely Sheexy),

I have been playing some CCGs again lately and I was wondering if you still have those LoM cards. If so, I wonder if you knew of a place to buy them and what to look for or if you felt it was ethical to make scans available on this forum. I would love to give those cards a go. Perhaps some kind of translated rules or something, too?

Peace and thanks,

manaman
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: Scan Request for LoM CCG (Hey Sheexy!)

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey, manaman,

I actually have quite a bit of LoM TCG stuff on my backburner that I just haven't had time to get around to showing. Looking at the date, I've been holding onto this stuff for over a year. Dang that feels terrible. T_T I'm gonna try to get this stuff out soon.

I'll just leave this image here and let it speak for itself...
Yeah, that's 11 decks
Yeah, that's 11 decks
DSC04715.JPG (3.06 MiB) Viewed 5402 times
I might try to get some of the stuff I made out, I just have to find a nice way to edit the volume on some videos I made. ;)

Eventually I'd love to scan them all and also translate everything, but I don't have a scanner or time to try reading them at the moment. I managed to get the SD3 card game translated with some help at my old university, but I haven't been to the Japanese department here yet, might be able to find someone to help.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Oh man! You've got me drooling with that sweet swag there.

Okay, three things:

1) I'd be more than happy to help out this project. I have an excellent scanner and an alternative option to scanning that gets really clear images even with foil cards. I also could help clear out Japanese text and insert English text if you are able to get translations. I'll PM you more info.

2) I wasn't even aware there was an SD3 card game! Do you have any information on it? It sounds like they are translated. Could I get info on that?

3) Are there any other Mana related card games?

Thanks so much,

manaman
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Just the LoM and SD3 card games exist.

Well that's not good, seems my SD3 card page disappeared. Or it never got transferred over into the new wordpress stuff. Anyway, it's just a pretty weird version of UNO and only has like 24 cards if I remember correctly, they're absolutely huge too. Shoot I can't find a backup of that, gonna have to search sometime later.

Just now realizing I put that page up back in 2008. Geez time flies, that seems like the last real big update I did on the site too, school has got me too busy.

The whole idea of taking out Japanese text and putting in English text is really cool, I'd love to be able to do that with these sometime. I don't know nearly enough kanji to work on really translating the manual and stuff, gonna have to get help with that one I'm sure. Some of the cards I can make sense of, but without knowing how the game works a lot of it is just guesswork as to how to play the thing.

That scanning and stuff seems neat, I'll get in contact with you about it probably. Here is a look at two of the foil cards. It's kinda tough to see, but that's the LoM home in the background of them. Guy is during the day, girl is at night with a neat aurora in the sky.
DSC02624.JPG
DSC02624.JPG (2.77 MiB) Viewed 5380 times
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Sweet, man! Those cards are killer. You know, now that you mention it, I think I remember seeing your page on the SD3 cards but a lot of stuff seems to have disappeared around here lately. That seems like a more manageable project to get scans and translations up on this site. That would be cool, too. I dunno. I wonder what other people's interest in this whole card scan thing is. Anyway, talk to you soon.