Seikens: Future Perfect

Help out with the site! Suggestions and ideas go here.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

See that, I added in like, a Time Splitters reference into this title for no reason. That's pretty cool I guess.

Onto the stuff that matters.

When schoool starts back up I'm gonna find myself with a nice bit of time on my hands, so I'm gonna take to making new stuff for the site. I've already got the bestiary up and running, and I'm gonna be updating that every Saturday with four new enemy sections.

I'm looking to make a bunch of stuff for the site that I can regularly update, you know, keep the site looking interesting to random passerbys and what-not.

So here are my new ideas for the site, lemme know what y'all think.

Seiken Densetsu Atlas- This would be a lot like the Bestiary, but it'd be about different places in the games. I could see this being a once a week update, with one new place added in.

Music Mondays- Isn't that a stupid title? Anyways, what this idea involves (I'll probably go through with this) would be a new track from any of the game soundtracks for people to download every Monday. It'd come paired with a nice little explaination by me on where the track is from, and other good stuff. You'd have a week to snatch the track before it got replaced by a new one.

Zeroes of Mana- This is an idea I have for a Seiken Densetsu based comic. It'd focus on some baddies from the series, and generally involve a ton of in-jokes that only people who love the series would get. Probably a once a week thing, maybe twice, I dunno.

Merchandise- Pending on whether I get a camera or not, this section would highlight some of the different stuff out there that have been released by Square-Enix. I'd take pictures of the different stuff I have come across, and upload them with some info about them. This would include Rabite Plushies, Rabite Zippo Lighter, LoM Jumi Music Box, LoM trading cards, and other stuff. To be honest, this would just be a time for me to show off my collection. :D

Music of Mana- This is actually different than Music Mondays, this one would involve having a new section that goes into detail and explains the different tracks used in the series. It'd tell where they were used, songs they were similar to, etc. Deques did this with all the SD3 tracks on his old site, and I really liked that.

Mysteries of Mana- Inspired by J-dude's rant about stuff that might have been meant to happen in the games, this update thingy would do the same thing. It'd go on about little mysteries in the games. The secret passageways in SoM, the faces, whatever.

Ok, that's all I've really got so far. It's obvious I can't do all of these at once, so I've italicized the ones I am almost sure I can end up doing.

I'd like to know which ones y'all are most interested in, and if y'all are really interested in one of the ideas, maybe y'all could volunteer to help out with it? Dekky and I are more than willing to let people help out!:D

Anyways, I'm looking into getting some updates running on Seikens so that we don't end up going dead for years at a time like the site used to.
This'll get us some more hits and attract all kinds of lovers of the series, or even attract people who have never heard of the series if they randomly stumble across it.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

You sure have planned a lot.
I like the merchandise part, it can show all kind of different SD related stuff that SE has released. You could write where you got those stuff too. Letting the fans also know where to get those, but you probably got most of your stuff from ebay
koopa
Werewolf

Post by koopa »

Oh wow great ideas!

I love the idea of the atlas, the comic and the merchandise and could help out with some technical things :)
So don't hesitate to ask me :P
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

The Atlas will be very cool, you could expand it to all aspects of the series, the races, classes and such. I would be happy to contribute to this if I can, this is actually the sort of thing I had planned for my SD World Guide that never really got started, I did do a few races though. I can try expanding those races further and make them entries for you.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

I love the title ya came up with for the comic. I'll call it a Power Pun. ;)

The merchandise would definetly improve the number of hits this place gets... even if it is just links to places you can buy 'em, and photos of what you've already got. Just about everything else on the list zounds good, too. :D

What I see missing here is a Personality Quiz (ah-lah "which character are you?"). I stumbled into the concept after seeing that "Which Old School Video Game Character Are You?" thing elsewhere in the forum, and gave writing some results a try - it wasn't actually that difficult. I covered a buncha main characters from SoM (aside from the heroes, I wrote for Luka, Jema, Joch/Jech, Cannon Man, Dyluck, Krissie, etc.), and I can pass that along if we'd like to do it; it won't take me much longer to finish what I'd planned to do with the list (which was, to be fair, only SoM, and not the other games), so it'd be up and ready fairly quick, as long as someone else could do the programming. Because I suck at that.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Yeah, little things like that would really make the site appeal to people from all different age groups and stuff.

I could see that kind of stuff easily going into a big "Fan Stuff" section, that'd include sprite resources, fan games, Duran's Seiken Densetsu D20 stuff.
This is another good idea!
BlueGenomes
Tomato Man

Post by BlueGenomes »

hey, sorry if I was seeming all uninterested and douche-baggy last night, I was so tired and frustrated from work and crap when you were telling me about all this.

but anyways, I think it's an absolutely amazing idea, and I'd definately like to help at all if I could. (For research for the atlases, music, etc, as well as other odds and ends about the series that usually doesn't get a second glace).

But seriously, this is going to make an already great site so much better.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Sheexy has his plans. Here are my plans

Fanbase - Lotus' suggestion. You already read it somewhere. So I dont need to babble all about it.

v3 - Burning Water - the next layout for seikens. I will use my latest creation for the next layout. It will be a lot wider!

Map - A map that locates all fans of SD series. There is a site that offer this thing. But i dont remember the site name. Tell me plox?