Killing Spiky tiger?

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

BuCUE
Ma Goblin

Post by BuCUE »

Okay so I don't really need help, but I want the first post.

Has anyone found an easy way to deal with Spiky tiger? I still have nightmares about him infact
Danny

Post by Danny »

Yeah, just wait for him until he comes down and then hit him with your best charged weapon. Make your other group members do this to. It's the fastist and easist way of killing the Spiky tiger. Not that his hard or anything.
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

BuCUE,

I used to have the same problem. I hated that tiger, then I figured out the easiest way to beat him. There are two core rules to beating Spikey.

#1-Be prepared!

Stock up on all the medical herb, candy, chocolate, jam, and angel cups that you can fit into your pockets. You will need them! Rule #2 will ensure that you have the gold to drop on a full supply.

#2-Don't rush!

Take your time. Don't be in a rush to run through to face Spikey. Walk around, kill everything in sight, then go back around and do it again. Let your character levels and weapon levels reach a comparatively high state. Everytime you level up your character or weapon, run back to the dungeon and save your game with Neko. When you feel that you have leveled up significantly, then go and face Spikey.

If you follow these rules, you will kick his kitty ass in no time flat. I have levelled 6+ character levels before facing that stupid cat on steroids. When in combat I make sure that one character (preferrably Sprite) has a projectile weapon (boomerang is my favorite for this battle) to strike him with when he jumps out of melee range, and the others have their heavy hitting weapons for the close combat action (sword and axe).

When he catches one of your characters on fire, immediately use a healing herb. If your character is caught on fire, switch characters and drop some herb quickly. Let your characters' health get low before healing in order to spead out your supply usage, but not so low that you don't have time to heal them before they die.

Hit him with as many fully charged hits as possible. When he is out of range, make sure you are at 100% before hitting him. Doing so will disrupt his spell casting and limit the amount of fire spells he can pull off before he has to face you on your level again.

I have done this many times. This is a solid tactic that will cut down the time spent reloading your save to face Spikey for the "umph-teen" time.
BuCUE
Ma Goblin

Post by BuCUE »

うはwwwwww, it's not really that I can't. I can cut my way through just about anything if I want to. The problem is he's a bitch even with leveling up. There just doesn't seem to be an easy solution you see.
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

I don't know. I always have him down in <5 minutes with the above mentioned tactic with little complication at all.