Bringing back Rock to London

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Sorry, I had to share, this has had me on a buzz all day.

Just after 15:00, I receive a call from Agent Chris, who is the producer for the drivetime show on LBC 97.3 radio here in London, which was rather unexpected because he normally only calls me when I have an update for the 17:38 daily correspondant update (for which I provide information on Lordi and Eurovision). "Hi Kassidy, it's Agent Chris, from LBC. I'm calling you up because we are going to have Lordi on the show this afternoon and would like you to help with the interview, are you up for it?"

Needless to say the response was a positive, though I had the problem of going to the hospital at 16:10 to meet with the doctor about my knee again. But, we worked it out, I spoke on air to Iain about it, and in effect, at 17:30 I get another call back with Awa, keyboard player from Lordi, on the other line to pose her some questions together with Iain's questions (none of this at all coordinated, so I had to think on my feet, as any questions I had prepared were either taken by Iain or weren't worded correctly as they would have been intented for a more veteran member of the band).

This was also combined with Chris from Crouchend posing to Awa the fact that, in her twisted opinion, rock music weakens the muscles and we don't want that here in England, which caused an argument post interview between me and Chris.

Not only that, but LBC have said they will be sending the Press Package that they received from Lordi. Schweet.

Of course, it would be senseless for me to make these claims without providing the all essential proof, which you can find here http://kassidy.googlepages.com/correspondance, at the top of the page.

So, that's it, I have had my 15 minutes of fame, I no longer stand any chance of making my break in the music industry or becoming a world famous news reporter, but hey, someone on the radio was kind enough to include me in their plans to interview the Eurovision 2006 winners that made their mark by bringing back hard rock to Eurovision. And I think that's pretty good going.

Now, I wonder what Lordi think of my Blood Red Chicken song...

-Kassidy, THE Lordi and Eurovision Correspondent
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

wow Kassidy! now that is some hot stuff!
You should be famous!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Kyatto wrote:wow Kassidy! now that is some hot stuff!
You should be famous!
Well I'll be working on it. ;) Just got to find the niche that'll do it though.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey! That's awesome!
The only famous people I've met are George W. Bush (he was my state's governor and he came to my town for some reason) and Tim O'Brien, my favorite author, who incidentally teaches a masters in Fiction at the college I'm to attend.

Haha, you sound like you're on your way to fame Kassidy, that's sweet!
Get that song to Lordi!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Sheexy wrote:Hey! That's awesome!
The only famous people I've met are George W. Bush (he was my state's governor and he came to my town for some reason) and Tim O'Brien, my favorite author, who incidentally teaches a masters in Fiction at the college I'm to attend.

Haha, you sound like you're on your way to fame Kassidy, that's sweet!
Get that song to Lordi!
I'll be doing precisely that today, hope it'll give them a chuckle. The other famous people I've met are Terry Pratchett, and then there were a few people who are the main cast (Michael Brandon, Leigh Zimmerman, Ed Byrne) for a film called "Are you Ready for Love?," a british one along the lines of "Love Actually" and all that. I'm somewhere in the background in the first scene.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

And Monday I got to meet them.

http://pics.livejournal.com/kassidynet/gallery/0000998a

Woot!
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hahaha, being over here in America I didn't know what they looked like.
I could get my friends to dress up in Halloween Costumes and pretend to be famous... you're not that cool for getting pictures with them...

Haha, that is cool. Nice hat there.
Did they say anything about your song?
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Sheexy wrote:Hahaha, being over here in America I didn't know what they looked like.
I could get my friends to dress up in Halloween Costumes and pretend to be famous... you're not that cool for getting pictures with them...

Haha, that is cool. Nice hat there.
Did they say anything about your song?
They haven't yet, sadly, but with the tour and everything going on (they've been spending 15 hours straight a day in costume, yikes), I don't think they've been checking their e-mail much. Meanwhile I've done a second song (link in signature). They did say I've got a good Finnish accent, and that I reminded them of King Diamond. ;)