Flash videos

Help out with the site! Suggestions and ideas go here.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Seconded for an award of awesomeness. ;)

Speaking of which... Deques... what ever happened to the Seikens Awards?
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Danny wrote:I could record some .zst movie files with my snes for SoM and SD3 if that would be any help. So, it's best if I get the weapon attacks first then magic in two files?
Hmm, the problem would be converting the ZSNES movie files. There's pretty much nothing that can be done with them to get them from that to the format needed. If I can think of a way I'll certainly take you up on the offer for the SD3 stuff, but again, that's as long as I can work out a process for converting the data to a manageable format. ^-^;
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Kassidy wrote:Seconded for an award of awesomeness. ;)

Speaking of which... Deques... what ever happened to the Seikens Awards?
Dead and buried.
We don't talk about these things Kassidy.

We NEVER talk about these things...:X

They are always watching...-__-

Ok seriously, these exams have me all flipped out and hyper XD
Danny

Post by Danny »

Kassidy wrote:
Danny wrote:I could record some .zst movie files with my snes for SoM and SD3 if that would be any help. So, it's best if I get the weapon attacks first then magic in two files?
Hmm, the problem would be converting the ZSNES movie files. There's pretty much nothing that can be done with them to get them from that to the format needed. If I can think of a way I'll certainly take you up on the offer for the SD3 stuff, but again, that's as long as I can work out a process for converting the data to a manageable format. ^-^;
I guess that I could also film the game attacks and magic with a digital camera, but the quality might not be so good and I might not get the time or chance to do that. I could always try it, but the snes movie option seems to have results.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

The way that I have done the SoM files is to use SNES9X, which can export straight to AVI, then edit them down. Perfect quality, but you end up with a Huge (with a capital H) file.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Ah yes, I've got zsnes as well as snes9x. I could use use my snes9x then, but I've still got to see in what condition it's in. I haven't used it in a long time, but I'll give it a try.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

note, 1 minute of raw video can result over 1gb of data.

so i suggest that you dont record everything in one go

ah, the seikens awards. i totally forgot it. anyway, i didnt get enough nominations. maybe i should try again later
Danny

Post by Danny »

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I would be able to get Duran's paliden, Hawkeye's nightblade and Angela's grand divina attacks and spells for now, but it might take a while. I'm still searching for my snes9x which is in some old folder now for me. THe only problem is, I don't know which one so this might take a while, sorry.
Leme Inthrigil
Blat

Post by Leme Inthrigil »

I have an old character in LoM that has almost every special attack, so this should be easy. The problem is, I started a new game with him and I don't even have Geo again ^-^; . Do you want both the boy and girl doing the attacks? And what about the magic? Also, is there an Action Replay/Gameshark code to play as NPCs?
Last edited by Leme Inthrigil on Tue May 08, 2007 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

there probably is codes to play npcs, i dont know. check in gamefaqs or search in google.
we appreciate anything that we are discussing

do you know how to record to a video and convert it to flv files?
Leme Inthrigil
Blat

Post by Leme Inthrigil »

I can record (I think) using ePSXe, some plugin must let me. As for conversion, I can probably find a free program somewhere.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

http://www.erightsoft.net/SupCk2.html
SUPER is the one that I've been using and so far it has worked. When converting to FLV it can sometimes have a problem if there aren't enough keyframes for whatever reason when doing titles, which is the snag that I've hit and has slowed me down.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Here is some info for if anyone is going to rip the magic spells.

They only change animation on certain levels, here is the list according to my Japanese guide:

Sabres, Analyzer, Revive and Remedy - Never change (Do they have a special level 8 though? I forget.)

Speed Up - 0-7 and 8

Air Blast - 0-1, 2-5, 6-7, and 8

Evil Gate - 0-3, 4-7, 8 and Shadow Zero special

Everything not mentioned by name goes on 0-3, 4-7 and 8

Also, each of the weapon power up attacks are named!

I'll try to figure them all out when I can, they have too many Kanji for me though.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Burst also has a different animation in SoM at level 8. It looks awesome, there's bursts all over the screen! It's not the normal attack animation. I'm not to good with movies, but I could show you a screen shot of it, Sheexy. It doesn't occur all the time at level 8 though, it's random (normal animation and sometimes the different, awesome one).
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Sheexy wrote:Everything not mentioned by name goes on 0-3, 4-7 and 8
:P
Thanks though.