[SD3] Save Point hacking

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Gibberish
Rabite

Post by Gibberish »

G'day,

Well, not 10 minutes ago I went to play some SD3 with a friend, when trying to press esc to get rid of Snes9x's hud I inadvertently pressed F1 and loaded a save state.
No big deal, except that upon reseting the game all our regular, non-save state, files had been overwritten by save files from the save state.

We were up ~14 hours in, so we don't exactly want to play through again from the begining.
So I looked up save hacking, and most of the stuff is useful, only one thing is missing, offsets/how to set your last save point.

Is it possible to hack the SRM to put you at a particular save statue?
If so, what would the offset be?
And the values for the various save statues in the game?

We were up to the first gold statue in the beast kingdom, after leaving the mana holyland.
Our main char is Carlie.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I dont think thats possible. The save hacking I have read is only about stats changing, change to another character and/or class, adding magic spells.
Gibberish
Rabite

Post by Gibberish »

Well damn.

We are going to replay anyway now that I have found that 3-player hack :)
So it isn't all bad.

But it seems doubtful that hacking which save statue would be impossible, at least when hacking the SRM, not the save state, as the information on which statue the save is at would have to be stored somewhere.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

It's conceivable that it is possible, but there are also a series of values that you would have to modify, not just the save statue (ie what scenes you have completed already). The only other option would be to get a savestate from someone who has played that far, then save, and modify the resulting SRM file. But as you say, if you're going to play through again, it's kida late for all that. ;)
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Gibberish wrote:Well damn.

We are going to replay anyway now that I have found that 3-player hack :)
So it isn't all bad.

But it seems doubtful that hacking which save statue would be impossible, at least when hacking the SRM, not the save state, as the information on which statue the save is at would have to be stored somewhere.
:o
You're kidding me. A 3-player hack?
*craves*
:D
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Aw, crap. I deleted a duplicate post and both posts got nuked.

Oh well.