Bridge to Terabithia

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Tallon
Kimono Bird

Post by Tallon »

Ok, so I saw the trailor to this movie not too long ago, and it looked like a cool movie so I decided I wanted to watch the movie. However, I am an avid believer in reading the book before going to see the movie, if the movie is a recreation of a book. So I did some searching on the internet today, and found a site that has the whole book up on the internet. Remember that this book was meant for elementary to middle school kids, so it isn't very long, and that is why I have already finished it. The book was really good, and I do recommend it everyone.

here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.ulster.net/~petersne/bridge1_3.html

*SPOILERS*

For those of you who have read it, or don't want to read it. WTF!? The movie looks like it is trying to be another version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. It is all fantastical, and full of magic. The trailors make it look like some epic adventure, but that is not even close to the message that the author was making. I'm afraid to watch the movie now.

*END SPOILERS*
Last edited by Tallon on Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Looks like it could be an interesting read. I'll do so once I get round to printing it.
Tallon
Kimono Bird

Post by Tallon »

there are a few misprints in it because it was typed up by some random person and put on the internet.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Well, that answers any questions I had about going to see it. :/

I'm staying home. It's clear that no-one is horribly successful lately at producing a movie that has both an interesting concept and good execution. Let alone good writing. I think I'll go see another one again in about a year or two - which is approximately how long it'll take for another movie to appear in the epic-fantasy genre that's halfway decent, by my reasoning.

And... yeah, I guess it's geared for kids. I'm just looking for something geared towards me. :/

*sigh*
Last edited by The J Person on Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

Yeah, I remember reading this book in fifth grade. I was completely confused in my head when I saw the trailer because there wasn't that many scenes in the book (from what I recall) that involved the fantasy world.