Legend of Mana on my PC...?

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

Hey there folks,

Provided I can find and purchase it at a decent price I'm thinking about getting Legend of Mana. However, I do not own and have no intention of buying a PS One so I was wondering if the game can be played on my computer.

If so, what do I need to download to do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Just a playstation emulator will work.

I use one called ePSXe: http://www.epsxe.com/
It is pretty ok I guess, you just gotta get the framerates down right in the options, I am kinda bad at doing that...

And a side note, talking about emulating LoM is ok since you end up having to buy the game, haha.
As long as we don't get into discussing the Bios files. No discussing those people.
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

Sheexy wrote:And a side note, talking about emulating LoM is ok since you end up having to buy the game, haha.
Haha, I thought about that as I posted this. I was getting ready to duck :P
Sheexy wrote:you just gotta get the framerates down right in the options
Framerates????
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Marini wrote:Framerates????
It's just how fast the game will run, you've gotta get it in sync with the sounds and stuff.

I want to say that LoM runs at 65, but I am not 100% sure on this. Maybe someone else will know. You just have to go to config, video, Configure, and then framerates will be down in there.

You just gotta experiment around with the framerate, I think sometimes it'll depend on your computer.
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

Muchas Gracias to you both!!

Great! Now, all I need to do is find the game!O_O
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

All psx emulators need plugins in order to work, like you need graphics plugin to see the game, and audio plugin to hear the game

but there is an emulator that doesnt need any plugins, its pSX. I have tried it once or two times and it is great.
http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

Edit: Deques, the Bios are not legal :P We'll leave people to find those on their own.
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

Ooohh I know where you can find them using.... *censored for the family*
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I have a Playstation emulator that works just fine. I also have a game pad that's native when it comes to Playstation games. So pretty much my PC is also my Playstation.

I use this.
http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

If you are confused on how to set it up or can't get it running I have the emulator ready to boot that I can send.
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

Thanks to you all! You guys rock! ^_^

However, it might be long while before I actually get the game...
Yesterday, I went on a LoM hunt to no avail =(
I walked into one particular GameStop, and when I asked about the game, one of the three gentleman behind the counter said to me "for PS2?" That should have been a sign right there but I pressed on: "No, PS One, actually." The trio unanimously told me "No" and one added "We don't deal in PS One anymore".

*Sigh*... This is gonna have to be an online buy for sure; and here I was trying to save myself the hassle.
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Marini, if you don't find it elsewhere please email me, I can help you out. Also, if you need a gamepad, try an Xbox 360 gamepad, just download the drivers from MS's website. If doesn't even have to an official gamepad, it just has to be a 360 pad.

Edit: Also for that stray component you need to run a PSX emulator, Google is your friend.

Later,
Lotus
Last edited by Lotus on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Marini wrote:Thanks to you all! You guys rock! ^_^

However, it might be long while before I actually get the game...
Yesterday, I went on a LoM hunt to no avail =(
I walked into one particular GameStop, and when I asked about the game, one of the three gentleman behind the counter said to me "for PS2?" That should have been a sign right there but I pressed on: "No, PS One, actually." The trio unanimously told me "No" and one added "We don't deal in PS One anymore".

*Sigh*... This is gonna have to be an online buy for sure; and here I was trying to save myself the hassle.
You can get it on Amazon and E-bay for a pretty penny.

My copy is... Well... Lets not go there.
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

Lotus wrote:Marini, if you don't find it elsewhere please email me, I can help you out. Also, if you need a gamepad, try an Xbox 360 gamepad, just download the drivers from MS's website. If doesn't even have to an official gamepad, it just has to be a 360 pad.

Edit: Also for that stray component you need to run a PSX emulator, Google is your friend.

Later,
Lotus
Aww, thanks so much! I'll keep looking for awhile yet and let you know.

As for gamepads I have the Thrustmaster 2-in-1 Dual Trigger Gamepad. I use this when I play SD3 on my computer. It should be fine, right?
Enslaven00bs wrote:You can get it on Amazon and E-bay for a pretty penny.
Yeah, I did take a look. I don't usually do the online shopping thing. But for a SD game I might be wiling to make an exception and take the plunge. ;) Then there's the money factor....:o People still charge a lot even for a used game....
Last edited by Marini on Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.