Jumi art

Expanding the Mana Universe. For fans, by fans.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

MahouBunnyBell
Lullabud

Post by MahouBunnyBell »

...>_> I was really big on pixel art a few years back, around the time I was doing some online role playing with another LoM friend, so I made her this as a gift. Just now dug it up and thought that I should share.

...I know I have at least another Sandra doll around my Photobucker somewhere. And another Florina. I made both. Let me go see if I can find them...

Traces/dither shading I did as practice a few years back:
Alex
Sandra

Aaand... I know there are two more pixel dolls out there, but I can't find them, so I'll post them when I do locate them. What a walk down memory road...
Last edited by MahouBunnyBell on Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

That's actually pretty good. Do you still do things like the one up top?
MahouBunnyBell
Lullabud

Post by MahouBunnyBell »

I haven't done any for the Seikens fandoms yet, but yes, I do, though my style has changed a bit from that. I hope to have more up soon, though. >_>

In case you couldn't tell Alexandra/Florina is kinda my OTP. Always a fan of good (semi)yuri, I guess. >_>
MahouBunnyBell
Lullabud

Post by MahouBunnyBell »

Okay. Here they are. Oooooold dolls. >_> Looking at these I am kind of ashamed.

Image base by Angy-chan

Image base by Shouri (damn, I see why I stopped dolling on other people's bases. Remembering who made what base is hard.)
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Heh, those are still pretty good. Frankly, I'm ashamed that I've never tried drawing many characters from any Mana game (Randi and Popoie are the only two I've done, and I haven't colored either of them yet). I'm gonna give Alex a go once I'm more confident at drawing hair. As you can probably see from my avatar (which I drew from scratch), I need some more practice.

I can't believe I took a month and a half off from drawing. -_-;
MahouBunnyBell
Lullabud

Post by MahouBunnyBell »

Sometimes a time off is just what you need. I don't pixel nearly as much as I used to, anymore. And I haven't really DRAWN since highschool, so I'd hate to see my skills there. I'm better working with my mouse than my pen.

I actually really like your AV. Better than what I create when I try to CG. >_>
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Wow, those are very great arts.
Do more :D
Any objections if I host them in the gallery?
MahouBunnyBell
Lullabud

Post by MahouBunnyBell »

No objections on the first one being hosted in the gallery. The others, however, I would rather not see hosted. The dithering because they were based on existing art, and the last two dolls because they are done on other people's base bodies, and in the pixel doll community to have them posted without base credit (and usually a link) is a big no-no.
andyhello
BuzzBee

Post by andyhello »

I think those old ones are really pretty even if theyre old, I've never been able to do pixelly-things on readymade dolls. Though the first pixel art is my favourite out of all of these becuase of the movement and theres more going on~ very cute! The colouring and the detail are the best to me, i love that rope on the green girl (never played LoM xD;; )