HoM Sales: Less than 20,000 in 1st week

Archived news can be found here. (Read-only)
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Initial sales of Square-Enix's latest installment of the World of Mana series, Heroes of Mana, have not been as good as expected in Japan. The 100,000 units from the first distribution are mostly still sitting on the shelves.

Week of March 5th to 11th: 16,013 units sold (13th, below Animal Crossing DS which sold 17,000!)
Week of March 12th to 18th: 7,800 units sold (31st)

With no US Release date yet announced, could this mean another Mana game from the SD3 arc doesn't make it outside Japan?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Wasn't/Isn't Dawn of Mana supposed to be coming out this month in the US?

Man, I might have to pick up copies of these games when I go to Japan...
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Sheexy Strikes Back wrote:Wasn't/Isn't Dawn of Mana supposed to be coming out this month in the US?

Man, I might have to pick up copies of these games when I go to Japan...
Dawn has been pushed back to May. I found that out when I preorded it.

I think Heroes isn't selling because a lot of people were let down by Children of Mana.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

thats what happens when square enix doesnt put enough effort in their other series.

i hope they dont screw up star ocean 4 if its going to be a next star ocean game, even though its not them who develope the game. of course they have other good games, i hope they dont screw them too
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

The sad thing is this will have a knock on effect with developing other games in the Mana series... Because they didn't put effort into previous releases, people were let down and don't buy the new ones, so the next lot, if they even come, will have less effort put into them... ad nauseum...

If this doesn't pick up, we'll be lucky to see another. They shouldn't have put so many resources into releases the mobile games, IMO.
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

It best hit US shores, I am really pumped about this after playing the J version a little bit. I think they need to push to get information about it in more game magazines and such.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Thing is there's a serious lack of information coming from Square directly to non-japanese sites. Anything they get is from trying to scrape any information possible out of the Japanese sites, and not actually getting very far. Heck, even the HoM main site is impossible to get anything out of if you don't know Japanese, since you can't even put it through a translator (bloody flash-sites, I tell ya).
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

Then as normal Square is shooting itself.
The series is not doing well, and there isn't a damn thing we can do that we aren't already doing.
All that is left are some serious fan games that we can enjoy. And they are coming.