Glass Desert Problem

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

LizeHawk
Rabite

Post by LizeHawk »

I'm playing SD3 on ZSNES, and everything went well until the Glass Desert. I've tried every walkthrough, and even tried hugging walls to no avail. Is there anything special one must do to get through the Glass Desert, or could I just have a bad ROM?
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

seeing in the walkthrough you are in the near end. are you playing with either Angela or Duran as main character? if not, then thats probably why
Did you kill the last God Beast?
LizeHawk
Rabite

Post by LizeHawk »

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Angela is my main character. I can't even get to Zable-Fahr, much less defeat the God Beast in question.

I can get out of the first screen of the Glass Desert just fine (and that's what would be blocked if I had the wrong main character, right?) I can get pretty far in the Glass Desert, but there is this one screen that looks like we should be able able to get past it, but the quicksand totally prevents it. I can see no other way on any other screen to go that doesn't eventually lead here. Here is the screen I am talking about:

I hope that clarifies the situation some! Are you supposed to just be able to waltz right through this screen, is there something you need to do first, or am I looking in the wrong place to advance?
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

what was the last thing you did? if you havent defeated the last god beast, then you cant continue with glass desert area.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Yeah, I got stuck in this same place once, I believe. Had to go back and defeat another god-beast I had left, though it was years ago, so I'm afraid I can't remember well.
LizeHawk
Rabite

Post by LizeHawk »

The last thing I did was to defeat the God Beast of Wind, Dangaard (the last one of the "normal" God Beasts), and went to Pedan and talked to the scholar there who said that the Mana Stone of Darkness was in the Glass Desert near Dragon's Hole.

So the question remains; if not there, just where is the last God Beast? ;)
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Did you talk to the old guy next to the tablet with inscriptions in the Temple north of Pedan? I believe he describes the final boss of your story-line.

I'm not 100% sure whether this is essential to allowing you to progress through the Glass Desert or not, but worth eliminating this possibility.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I see that you're new here so let me start by saying welcome to the seikens fourm and it's always great to see another seikens fan.

I'm sure that you beat all seven normal Godbeasts, if you didn't the Glass Desert enternce (right where you land with Flammie) would have been blocked off by a big cliff. However, you're all ready inside so that can't be the case.

Did you beat all the monster on you're way to where you are? Sometimes killing certain or all monsters can show a hidden path or opening a closed one. You may have also have forgoten to talk to every person in Pedan or maybe one of the other last major cities you have been to have your characters know what to do.

There's also two differnt paths in the Glass Desert - the short which is used for exiting and is blocked if you try to climb it - the long which is used to climb up and exiting. You have to take the long one which looks kind of like a circle maze.

I've mostly always played with Duran on my snes too, so I know where to go since he and Angela have the same one (of coarse only a little different like all characters in the begging). My best and most played charcters were Duran (paladin), Angela (Grand Divina) and Hawk (nightblade) in that order and end class. We had almost the same charcters and the same ones as my older sister. I hope you can make it now through the Glass Desert, tell us when you make it and good luck! ^_^
Last edited by Danny on Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HostileButCuddly
Lullabud

Post by HostileButCuddly »

LizeHawk, I got stuck at that exact place sometime ago.
Recently, I started the game from the begining and I found the way out.
You should run diagonally and you'll be able to pass the sand :)
hope that helps!
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Thanx for the reply Silvia, but the last respond to that thread was like 18 months ago... hihihihi...
btw, i've just escaped the sub-zero planes...